|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
|District||Ranga Reddy district|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Malkajgiri|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kukatpally|
Kukatpally is a major residential and commercial suburb in Hyderabad. It is located on the northwest fringe of Hyderabad city. Kukatpally, which was earlier a municipality, has been merged into Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), which is responsible for the civic amenities in Kukatpally.
New road connectivity and consequent proximity to the Information Technology hub of Hitech city has made Kukatpally area a functional, dream home. It is segregated by medium as well as posh Phases, and Kukatpally Housing Board Colony developed by Andhra Pradesh Housing Board is considered to be the biggest colony in India and Asia.
Kukatpally is a major shopping hub in the IT corridor branded stores like Levis, Puma, wrangler, manyavar, Louis Philippe, lee, Pepe Jeans, spykar, Adidas, W, Reebok, twill's, mufti etc. shopping malls such as Shoppers Stop,Hyper City, westside, brand Factory, coupons, woman's world, south India Mall, CMR, R.S. Brothers, Chandana Brothers, Chennai shopping mall,etc. food courts like McDonald, KFC, Cream stone, baskin robbins, The Chocolate Room, thugs and grills etc. and electronic stores like reliance digital, adishwar, bajaj electronics, samsung store etc. are present here. The locality is just few kilometers away from the cyber hub at Madhapur, where several IT companies are located. Almost all the banks have their branches in kukatapally and kphb. Many cosmetic and plastic surgery centers have sprung up in the area. Multiplexes like Asian Cinemas and a new International multiplex named cinepolis on the hitech city road are present .
The nearest major hospitals to Kukatpally are Usha Mullapudi which is well known for the cardiac facilities available and Akruti Institute of plastic and cosmetic surgery a well known celebrity plastic and cosmetic surgery centre and some famous hospitals like Remedy,Vasan eye care,vasan dental care,Prime,Icon etc. are situated The road no 4 in kphb known as doctors street is famous for hospitals.
Kukatpally Constituency is a newly formed constituency. It is formed after delimitation of Khairtabad. 2009 Election is the first election in this constituency and Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan of Lok Satta Party won with 34.84% votes.
Kukatpally is well connected to most locations of the city by the state-owned bus service, APSRTC. Apart from the city buses many RTC and private operators run inter-city buses with Kukatpally and KPHB as starting point.
Kukatpally does not have a railway station for MMTS service . The closest ones are Hitech City, Borabanda and Bharatnagar. Begumpet, Secunderabad and Nampally are the closest railway stations from Kukatpally for long distant trains.
Kukatpally is a major educational hub with several degree colleges, junior colleges and schools. It is the home to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. It is also close the Bachupally where many reputed schools and colleges are located.
Vijaya Sai towers
Vijaya Sai Towers is one of the popular residential developments in Kukatpally, neighborhood of Hyderabad. It is among the completed projects of its class. It has lavish yet thoughtfully designed residences.
- Nosch Labs Pvt Ltd also located in this building.
Suburbs around Kukatpally
- KPHB (2 km From Kukatpally)
- Ameerpet (6 km - From Y Junction)
- Pragathi Nagar (2 km-From Jntu)
- Allwyn Colony (2 km - From Kukatpally)
- Bachupally (6 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Balanagar (3 km - From Y Junction)
- Borabanda (6 km - From Y Junction)
- Bowrampet (6 km - From Y Junction)
- Erragadda (2 km - From Y Junction)
- Hafeezpet (4 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Izzat Nagar (1 km - From Hitech City MMTS)
- Kondapur (5 km - From Hitech City MMTS)
- Madhapur (4 km - From Hitech City MMTS)
- Mallampet (5 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Miyapur (3 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Moosapet (1 km - From Y Junction)
- Nizampet (1 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Punjagutta (9 km - From Y Junction)
- Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar (5 km - From Y Junction)
- Sardar Patel Nagar (0.5 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- Vasanth Nagar (0.5 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- KamalaPrasananagar colony (1 km - From kphb)
- Yellamma Banda (2 km to - From JNTU HYD)
- JNTU HYD (1.5 km to - From kukatpally)
- Bhagath Singh Nagar (0.6 km - From Nizampet road junction)
- KukatpallyNow, website of the local MLA
- Website of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation