King Records (Japan)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|King Record Co., Ltd.|
Kodansha, Ltd. 1931 – present
Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd. 1985 – present
Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. 2005 – present
|Country of origin||Japan|
King Record Co., Ltd. (キングレコード株式会社 Kingu Rekōdo Kabushiki gaisha) is a Japanese record company founded in 1931 as a division of the Japanese publisher Kodansha. It initially began operating as an independent entity in the 1950s. It later became part of the Otowa Group. Today, King Records is one of Japan's largest record companies which is owned by a multinational entity. The headquarters for this record label are in Tokyo.
Its Starchild label, managed by animation producer Toshimichi Ōtsuki, specialises in anime music and film. King Records also distributes the Up-Front Works–owned and –operated labels Piccolo Town and Rice Music, and also released video games for the PC-88, Famicom, and MSX2 computers. On February 1, 2016, King Records restructured Starchild and renamed it King Amusement Creative.
Paddle Wheel Records is a division of King Record Co.
You! Be Cool is the official sub-label for AKB48.
Venus-B is the company's official urban music imprint.
Nexus is the label's division especialized for metal/underground music from Japan also overseas. Notable artists in it label are Earthshaker, etc.
Seven Seas is the label's division focusing world music from overseas artists in many genre.
- Mamoru Miyano
- Stomu Yamashta
- Matenrou Opera
- Kana Uemura
- Takeshi Terauchi
- Miho Nakayama
- Hiroko Moriguchi
- AKB48 (You, Be Cool!)
- Tomomi Itano
- Atsuko Maeda
- Nana Mizuki
- Yui Horie (King Amusement Creative)
- Miss Monochrome
- Momoiro Clover Z (Evil Line, formerly King Amusement Creative)
- Meg (King Amusement Creative)
- Theatre Brook
- Haruka Fukuhara
- Sound Horizon
- Sawa (Bellwood)
- Park Junyoung
- Jan Linton (as dr jan guru) "Planet Japan"
- Rock A Japonica (Evil Line)
- Senri Kawaguchi
- Block B
- Ryoko Shiraishi (King Amusement Creative)
- Megumi Hayashibara (King Amusement Creative)
- angela (King Amusement Creative)
- Ai Nonaka (King Amusement Creative)
- Soichiro Hoshi (King Amusement Creative)
- Sumire Uesaka (King Amusement Creative)
- Inori Minase (King Amusement Creative)
- Shouta Aoi (King Amusement Creative)
- Yui Ogura (King Amusement Creative)
- Kanade Momoko (King Amusement Creative)
- Satomi Sato (King Amusement Creative)
- Yuuma Uchida (King Amusement Creative)
- Niji no Conquistador
- Alice Nine (2005-2010; to Tokuma Japan Communications)
- CHAGE and ASKA (1985-1999; to Toshiba EMI)
- Chihara Minori (2004)
- CLIFF EDGE (2007-2014; to CROWN VenuS)
- Kitamura Eri (2011-2016; to TMS Music)
- FUNNY GENE (1997-1999)
- KKK GIRLS (1993)
- Kumaki Anri (2005-2009; to Warner Music Japan)
- MAY'S (2007-2014; to CROWN VenuS)
- Mikako Komatsu (2012-2016; to Toy's Factory)
- Misty Eyes
- Nishiwaki Yui (1993-1998; to Universal Music Japan)
- Okui Masami (1993-2004; to Geneon)
- Shiratori Emiko (1987-1996; to Fun House)
- Tamura Yukari
- the pillows (1994-2006; to avex trax)
- the GazettE (2005-2010; to Sony Music Japan)
- TWO-MIX (1995-1998; to Warner Music Japan)
- ZEN THE HOLLYWOOD
Starchild, the former label under King Records
- "Starchild Label Restructured as King Amusement Creative". Anime News Network. January 30, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2016.
- "New York Unit – Now's the Time" (CD liner notes). Paddle Wheel Records. KICJ 108.