This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1195 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1195 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1195.|
- June 1 – Battle of Shamkor: Georgians defeat the Ildenizids of Azerbaijan.
- July 18 – Battle of Alarcos: Almohad ruler Abu Yusuf Ya'qub al-Mansur decisively defeats Castilian King Alfonso VIII.
- The Priory of St Mary's is founded in Bushmead.
- Alexius III Angelus overthrows Isaac II, and becomes Byzantine Emperor.
- August 15 – Anthony of Padua, Portuguese preacher and saint (d. 1231)
- Princess Shōshi of Japan (d. 1211)
- Roger de Quincy, 2nd Earl of Winchester (d. 1265)
- March 3 – Hugh de Puiset, bishop of Durham (b. c. 1125)
- August 6 – Henry the Lion, Duke of Saxony and Bavaria (b. 1129)
- October 13 – Gualdim Pais, Great Master of the Templars in Portugal (b. 1118)
- December 17 – Baldwin V, Count of Hainaut (b. 1150)
- Ascelina, French nun and mystic (b. 1121)