1986 Monaco Grand Prix
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Race 4 of 16 in the 1986 Formula One season|
|Date||11 May 1986|
|Official name||XLIV Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco|
|Location||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo|
|Course length||3.328 km (2.068 mi)|
|Distance||78 laps, 259.584 km (161.298 mi)|
|Weather||Sunny, mild, dry|
|Time||1:26.607 on lap 51|
- Lap leaders: Alain Prost 71 (1-34, 42-78), Ayrton Senna 7 (35-41)
- The Monaco circuit had been modified from the year before; a much slower 3-turn chicane was installed at Novelle.
- This was Elio de Angelis' last Grand Prix before his testing accident at Paul Ricard Circuit in which his rear wing failed and he crashed fatally.
- Patrick Tambay had a spectacular accident when he and Martin Brundle tangled at Mirabeau, and Tambay's Lola went right over Brundle's Tyrrell, caught 6 feet of air and barrel-rolled into the protective Armco right next to some spectators; and in the process almost went over the Armco into a bar next to the track. Tambay walked away from the accident unscathed.
Standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
Unless otherwise indicated, all race results are taken from "The Official Formula 1 website". Retrieved 2007-06-17.
1986 San Marino Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1986 Belgian Grand Prix
1985 Monaco Grand Prix
|Monaco Grand Prix||Next race:
1987 Monaco Grand Prix