|Race 34 of 36 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series|
|Date||November 3, 2013|
Texas Motor Speedway|
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Permanent racing facility|
1.5 mi (2.4 km)
|Distance||334 laps, 501 mi (806.3 km)|
|Weather||Temperatures reaching up to 71.1 °F (21.7 °C); wind speeds up to 13 miles per hour (21 km/h)|
|Driver||Roush Fenway Racing|
|Time||27.535 seconds (196.114 mph)|
|Most laps led|
|Driver||Jimmie Johnson||Hendrick Motorsports|
|No. 48||Jimmie Johnson||Hendrick Motorsports|
|Television in the United States|
|Announcers||Allen Bestwick, Dale Jarrett and Andy Petree|
Contested over 334 laps, it was the thirty-fourth, and the eighth race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup during the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. Jimmie Johnson of Hendrick Motorsports won the race, his sixth win of the season, while Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished second and Joey Logano finished third.
Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth were considered the most likely to win this race according to the pundits while Brad Keselowski, Elliott Sadler and Juan Pablo Montoya were considered the extreme underdogs. Some of the racing experts predicted that Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin and Greg Biffle would initially make great lap times during the race but would ultimately falter in the end.
Before the race, the championship lead would be split between Kenseth and Johnson. With three racing remaining, it looked like a tiebreaker would have been needed if the stalemate had carried over into Homestead-Miami.
Top ten finishers
|2||7||88||Dale Earnhardt Jr.||Chevrolet||334||0|
- "2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule". ESPN. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Spencer, Reid (November 1, 2013). "Edwards wins Coors Light pole at Texas". NASCAR. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Weather information for the 2013 AAA Texas 500". The Old Farmers' Almanac. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
- "Texas Storylines: 2013 AAA Texas 500". Blogspot. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Finishers' information for the 2013 AAA Texas 500". Racing Reference. Retrieved January 27, 2015.