From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 907.
|907 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1660|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3603 or 3543
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3604 or 3544
|- Vikram Samvat||963–964|
|- Shaka Samvat||828–829|
|- Kali Yuga||4007–4008|
|Japanese calendar||Engi 7
|Minguo calendar||1005 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1218/1219 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1449–1450|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 907.|
- The Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period begins in China.
- February 27 – Yelü Abaoji, Great Khan of the Khitan people, is enthroned as Emperor Taizu of Liao, establishing the Liao dynasty in northern China.
- May 12 – The short-lived Qi kingdom is founded by Li Maozhen, in northwest China.
- June 1
- The Wuyue kingdom is founded by Qian Liu in Hangzhou.
- Oleg of Novgorod leads the Kievan Rus' in a campaign against Constantinople, in the Rus'–Byzantine War, concluded by the Rus'–Byzantine Treaty (in which the city of Chernihiv in the Ukraine is first mentioned).
- July 4–7 – Battle of Pressburg: At "Brezalauspurc" (probably modern-day Bratislava in Slovakia), the advancing East Francian army is annihilated by the Hungarians. Luitpold, Margrave of Bavaria and Dietmar I, Archbishop of Salzburg are killed, together with 19 dukes, 2 bishops and 3 abbots; thus East Francia loses control of the March of Pannonia.
- February 1 – Nicholas Mystikos is deposed as Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople, (having fallen out with the Byzantine Emperor Leo VI), and is replaced by Euthymius Syncellus.
- May 2 – Boris I, Knyaz (Prince) of the First Bulgarian Empire (852–889)
- Probable date – Árpád, Hungarian ruling prince (ruled 895–907)