From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 907.
|Centuries:||9th century · 10th century · 11th century|
|Decades:||870s · 880s · 890s · 900s · 910s · 920s · 930s|
|Years:||904 · 905 · 906 · 907 · 908 · 909 · 910|
|907 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1660|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
3603 or 3543
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
3604 or 3544
|- Vikram Samvat||963–964|
|- Shaka Samvat||828–829|
|- Kali Yuga||4007–4008|
|Japanese calendar||Engi 7
|Minguo calendar||1005 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1218/1219 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1449–1450|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 907.|
- Start of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period in China.
- February 27 – Yelü Abaoji, Great Khan of the Khitan people, is enthroned as Emperor Taizu of Liao, establishing the Liao dynasty in northern China.
- May 12 – The short-lived Qi kingdom is founded by Li Maozhen in northwest China.
- June 1
- The Wuyue kingdom is founded by Qian Liu in Hangzhou.
- Oleg of Novgorod leads the Kievan Rus' in a campaign against Constantinople in the Rus'–Byzantine War, concluded by the Rus'–Byzantine Treaty (in which the city of Chernihiv in the Ukraine is first mentioned).
- July 4–7 – Battle of Pressburg: At "Brezalauspurc" (probably modern-day Bratislava in Slovakia) the advancing East Francian army is annihilated by the Hungarians. Luitpold, Margrave of Bavaria and Dietmar I, Archbishop of Salzburg are killed, together with totally 19 dukes, 2 bishops and 3 abbots; thus East Francia loses control of the March of Pannonia.
- February 1 – Nicholas Mystikos is deposed as Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople (having fallen out with the Byzantine Emperor Leo VI) and replaced by Euthymius Syncellus.
- May 2 – Boris I, Knyaz (Prince) of the First Bulgarian Empire (852–889)
- Probable date – Árpád, Hungarian ruling prince (ruled 895–907)