|Slogan||Khabar Aaj Ki, Bharosa Aap Ka |
(Today's news, you trust)
|Headquarters||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Owner||Business Recorder Group|
|Sister channels||Aaj Entertainment|
|Launched||23 March 2005|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||004|
Aaj News (Urdu: آج نیوز, lit. 'Today News') is a 24-hour Pakistani news television channel. It is a privately owned Urdu language TV station which covers national and international news. The channel started out as hybrid channel (news, current affairs and entertainment),but later separted its entertainment programming to sister channel, Aaj Entertainment, and became a news channel.
Aaj News was initially started on 23 March 2005 by Recorder Television Network, subsidiary of Business Recorder Group.
The Business Recorder Group is the parent company of Business Recorder newspaper and Apex Printery, the only non-government organization to print financial and legal papers in Pakistan.
On 22 April 2007, PEMRA served a show-cause notice to Aaj News, for violating the 2002 PEMRA Ordinance by airing news and talk shows on an issue pending with the Supreme Judicial Council and unable to present a NOC from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Late Night Show With Begum Nawazish Ali
- The 4 Man Show
- Choki 420
- Kuch Hai
- News, Views & Confused (a satirical comedy, hosted by Fasi Zaka)
- The Real Show
- Kiran Aur George
- Kahani Ke Pechay
- Living Room
- Live With Javed Ahmed Ghamidi
- Islamabad Tonight
- Bottom Line
- Bureau Report
- Bolta Pakistan
- Cross Current
- Dus With Sana Bucha
- AAJ With Reham Khan
- Off The Record
- Live With Talat Hussain
- Zero Point
- Beverly Hills, 90210
- Dark Angel
- Guinness World Records Primetime
- My Wife and Kids
- Techno Games
- Top Gear
- List of Pakistani television stations
- List of news channels in Pakistan
- Rashid Mehmood (Director News)
- News, Views & Confused
- Taliban attack Pakistan's Aaj TV station in Karachi BBC News website, Published 26 June 2012, Retrieved 3 June 2018
- Pakistan media condemn attack on teenage activist BBC News website, Published 10 October 2012, Retrieved 3 June 2018
- Pakistani media demand action over airport attack BBC News website, Published 10 June 2014, Retrieved 3 June 2018
- "Blurred vision: Where is Pakistani television headed? - The Express Tribune". 5 May 2013.
- "Pemra serves notice on TV channel". DAWN.COM. 23 April 2007. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Aaj News". pakistan.mom-rsf.org. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Business Recorder Group". pakistan.mom-rsf.org. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- How Pakistan's Satirists Poke Fun, Politically The Washington Post (newspaper), Published 28 November 2007, Retrieved 3 June 2018