ALAN is an Italian bicycle manufacturer.
ALAN was founded in 1972 by Falconi Lodovico, an engineer who had worked for bicycle manufacturer Torpado. The name ALAN comes from the first two letters of the Lodovico's children, Alberto and Annamaria. It was the first company to introduce an all aluminium bicycle frame made from aerospace grade aluminum. In 1976, ALAN was again first in developing and manufacturing a production carbon frame made by bonding Torayca carbon fibre composite tubing to cast aluminium lugs, a process still widely used today by many manufacturers.
- "ALAN bicycles". Classic Rendezvous. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- "About us". ALAN. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Lindsey, Joe (18 March 2013). "Aluminum Frames Are Back—And Better than Ever". Bicycling. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "A world champ returns: Alan's Super Cross Carbon adds modern features, custom options, keeps classic look". Cyclocross Magazine. 23 June 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Short About". Alan Bike Frames. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
|This article related to a bicycle manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|