Ayatollah Javadi Amoli, addressing people in a mosque in Qom
|Title||Grand Ayatollah - Allameh|
May 5, 1933 |
|Main interest(s)||Islamic philosophy, Tafsir, Fiqh and Hadith|
|Notable work(s)||Tafsir Tasnim|
Grand Ayatollah Abdollah Javadi-Amoli (Persian: عبدالله جوادی آملی) is an Iranian Twelver Shi'a Marja. He is a conservative Iranian politician and one of the prominent Islamic scholars of the Hawza in Qom.
He announced his resignation from an influential position as the Friday Prayer Leader in Qom on 27 November 2009, saying that one should not hold such a position if one has not proven influential. He had previously protested unethical approaches to election campaigns. However, during his farewell address, Amoli clearly pointed out that his resignation was not due to differences with the government but due to health reasons. He continues to attend Friday congregational prayers in the city of Qom even after resigning as the Friday prayer leader.
- Tasnim (Tafsir)
- As-Saareh-e-Khelqat (Discussions about the philosophy of faith and evidence of the existence of an almighty God)
- Guidance in Quran
- Wilayat ul-Faqih, Qom: Esra Publication.
- As-Saareh-e-Khelqat (A Book About Imam Mahdi)
- Donya Shinaasee Va Donya Giraye Dar Nahjul Balagheh
- Adabe fanaye Mogharreban or " politeness of annihilation of those who are approximate to Allah".
- Raheeq-e Makhtum, a Philosophical exposition of al-Asfar by Mulla Sadra
- Study Islam, Khomeini Suggests to Gorbachev
- Ayatollah Khomeini's massage to Gorbachev
- Iranian cleric, Ayatollah Amoli resigns his position
- Ayatollah Javadi-Amoli criticizes unethical approaches in election campaign, Islamic Republic News Agency
- The Last Friday Congregational Led by Ayatollah Javadi Amoli
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abdollah Javadi Amoli.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Abdollah Javadi-Amoli|