|Public company (BSE: 533096, NSE: 533096)|
|Founded||22 August 1996|
Gautam Adani, (Chairman)Vineet S Jaain, (CEO)
|Products||Electricity generation, transmission and distribution; energy trading|
|Revenue||₹113.04 billion (US$1.7 billion)(2014)|
|₹195.52 billion (US$3.0 billion)(2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Adani Enterprises Limited|
Adani Power Limited is the power business subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani Group with head office at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The company is India's largest private power producer, with capacity of 10,440 MW and also it is the largest solar power producer of India with a capacity of 688 MW. Adani Power Limited is ranked 334th in the top companies in India in Fortune India 500 list of 2011.
The company operates five supercritical boilers of 660 MW each (as per March 2012) at Mundra, Gujarat & five 660 MW units(as per May 2015) at Tiroda, Maharashtra. It also operates a mega solar plant of 40 MW at Naliya, Bitta, Kutch, Gujarat. It is India's first company to achieve the supercritical technology. The plant is the only thermal power plant in India to be certified by UN under CDM.
The company is implementing 16500 MW at different stages of construction. Its mission is to achieve 20000 MW by 2020. 100 MW of solar power station is also under advanced stage of implementation at Surendranagar in Gujarat out of which 40 MW is already commissioned. The company has gone to long term PPAs of about 7200 MW of its 9280 MW with government of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana and Rajasthan.
Adani Power was started as a power trading company in 1996. It started generation in July 2009 by implementation of its first 330 MW of 4620 MW at Mundra. The Mundra super mega project is the largest coal-based power project of India and fifth largest in the world. The company commissioned another three 330 MW by November 2010 and country's first supercritical unit of 660 MW on 22 December 2010, making its capacity 1980 MW. 0n 6 June 2011 it synchronised its second unit of 660 MW bringing the total generating capacity to 2640 MW and on 2 October 2011, it synchronised its third super critical unit with national grid. With this, Adani Power has become largest thermal power generating company in the private sector, and the Mundra plant has become India's largest power plant with capacity of 3300 MW.
In February 2012, it commissioned the last unit of Mundra Project to take its capacity to 4620 MW which makes the Mundra TPP to be the largest privately held thermal power plant in the world and fifth largest on an overall basis, as of March 2012.This plant became the largest thermal power plant in Asia after its completion.
On April 3, 2014, Adani Power Ltd. announced the commissioning of the fourth unit of 660 MW at its power plant at Tiroda in Maharashtra, thus emerging as the largest private power producer in India, with an overall installed capacity of 9,280 MW. The fifth unit was commissioned later in 2014.
Adani Power Ltd. announced the completion of acquisition of Udupi Power Corporation Limited on May 11, 2015. With this, Adani Power has a total commissioned capacity of 10,440 MW, making the company the largest private power producer in India.
- Mundra Thermal Power Station. A 4620 MW (4x330, 5x660 MW) coal-based thermal power plant at Mundra, Kutch district, Gujarat. This plant is fully functional. It operates first power transmission project of 400 kV Double Circuit Transmission System from the Mundra plant to Dehgam (430 km).
- Kawai Thermal Power Station. A 1320 MW (2x660 MW) coal-based thermal power plant at Kawai village, Baran district, Rajasthan. This plant is fully functional 
- Tirora Thermal Power Station. A 3300 MW (5x660 MW) coal-based thermal power plant at Tirora, Gondia district, Maharashtra. All units are fully functional.
- The company produces 40 MW of solar power in Bitta, Kutch Gujarat showing its interest in renewable energy.
- Udupi Power Plant. A 1200 MW (2x600 MW) coal-based thermal power plant at Padubidri, Udupi district, Karnataka. Both units are fully functional since September 2012. Adani Power acquired this power plant from Lanco Infratech in August 2014 for Rupees 6000 crores.
- Kamuthi Solar Power Project - A 648 MW solar photo-voltaic power generating station.
As of January 2011[update], the company has 16500 MW under implementation and planning stage. Included are a 3300 MW coal based TPP at Bhadreswar in Gujarat, a 2640 MW TPP at Dahej, Gujarat, a 1320 MW TPP at Chhindwara in Madhya Pradesh, a 2000 MW TPP at Anugul, Orissa, a 2000 MW TPP at Sambalpur, Orissa, and a 2000 MW gas-based power project at Mundra, Gujarat. The company is also bidding for a 1000 MW lignite coal-based power plant in Kosovo showing its international project ambitions.
In the second week of August 2014, Adani Power acquired Lanco Infratech's Udupi thermal power plant in a ₹6000 crores deal. This would add another 1200 MW installed capacity, taking the group capacity to 10480 MW. Adani Power said on 8 November said its arm Adani Power (Jharkhand) has inked long-term pact with Bangladesh Power Development Board to supply electricity from its upcoming 1,600 MW plant at Godda in Jharkhand.
Two separate investigations into allegations of trade-based money laundering by Adani companies are underway — one into the fraudulent invoicing of coal imports and the other into a scam involving false invoicing for capital equipment imports.
Adani Group Vs farmers:
The Group, after signing an agreement with the State government of Tamil Nadu in July last, started purchasing land the very next month. After purchasing more than 2,500 acres of farming lands in Ramanadhapuram village, the group launched preliminary work in August 2015. The group initially assured that it would give job opportunities for the local erudite youth, free water supply and many perks for the villagers. But it was all an eyewash, which eventually left the villagers empty handed and no basic facilities. Currently the farmers are moving out of their village and becoming coolies. 
Adani Enterprises Ltd has also been accused of involvement in large-scale illegal iron ore exports and bribery of public officials.
- "Adani Annual Report 2016". Adani Enterprises. Adani Enterprises. 4 April 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- 5 Gujarat PSUs in Fortune India 500 list
- "Adani Group commissions largest solar power project".
- "Adani power synchronizes country's 1st super critical unit". economictimes.com. 23 December 2010.
- "Solar power".
- "Adani Power acquires Udipi Power corporation ltd Press Release".
- "Projects of Adani power ltd".
- "Adani To Buy Lanco's Udupi Plant". Bloomberg TV India.
- "Adani power in the race of kosovo project". economictimes.com. 8 March 2010.
- "Adani power acquires Lanco's Udipi thermal power".