Adikavi Nannaya University
|ఆదికవి నన్నయ విశ్వవిద్యాలయం|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. M Mutyalu Naidu, MBA,Ph.D.|
|Location||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India
Adikavi Nannaya University (Telugu: ఆదికవి నన్నయ విశ్వవిద్యాలయము) is a state university located in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, India. Adikavi Nannaya University was established in March 2006 through the Government of Andhra Pradesh Act No. 28 of 2006. It is named after Nannayya, the earliest known Telugu author. The university attends to the education needs of both the Godavari districts and now all the 74 post graduate and 350 degree colleges in these districts are affiliated to the university. These colleges were earlier affiliated to Andhra University.
The university initiated a program in Geo-Informatics and Petroleum Exploration, the first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh and one of the few in the country. In the second phase, keeping in view of the government policy of encouraging five-year integrated courses, the university designed and offered a new course in Mathematics and Computing, with the objective of providing trained programmes to the I.T. industry.
- List of universities in India
- Universities and colleges in India
- Education in India
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- "Adikavi Nannaya varsity to be developed to impart standard education: Srinivasa Rao". The Economic Times. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Andhra Pradesh State University". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 8 August 2015.
|This article about a university or college in Andhra Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|