Adikavi Nannaya University
|ఆదికవి నన్నయ విశ్వవిద్యాలయం|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. M Mutyalu Naidu, MBA,Ph.D.|
|Location||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India
Adikavi Nannaya University (Telugu: ఆదికవి నన్నయ విశ్వవిద్యాలయము; IAST: Ādikavi Nannaya Viśvavidyālayamu) is a state university located in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, India. Adikavi Nannaya University was established in March 2006 through the Government of Andhra Pradesh Act No. 28 of 2006. It is named after Nannayya, the first attested author of a text composed in the Telugu language. The university attends to the educational needs of both Godavari districts. Currently, all seventy-four post-graduate institutes as well as the 350 degree colleges located within the aforementioned districts maintain their government-mandated university affiliation with Adikavi Nannaya University. These colleges were previously affiliated with Andhra University.
The university initiated a program in Geo-Informatics and Petroleum Exploration, the first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh and one of the few in the country. In the second phase, keeping in view of the government policy of encouraging five-year integrated courses, the university designed and offered a new course in Mathematics and Computing, with the objective of providing trained programmes to the I.T. industry.
- List of universities in India
- Universities and colleges in India
- Education in India
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- "Adikavi Nannaya varsity to be developed to impart standard education: Srinivasa Rao". The Economic Times. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Andhra Pradesh State University". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 8 August 2015.
|This article about a university or college in Andhra Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|