Acharya Nagarjuna University
Official crest of Acharya Nagarjuna University
|Motto||Sanskrit: सत्ये सर्वं प्रतिष्ठितम्
Satye sarvaṃ pratiṣṭhitam (from the Șānti Parva of the Mahābhārata, [Mbh 12.156.5d])
Motto in English
|"Everything is established in truth."|
|Chancellor||E. S. L. Narasimhan|
|Vice-Chancellor||A. Rajendra Prasad|
|Location||Namburu, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Acharya Nagarjuna University (IAST: Ācārya Nāgārjuna Vișvavidyālaya) is a university in the region of Namburu, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is one of several major universities in the country, covering many colleges and institutes of districts in the region. It is located in Nagarjuna Nagar, Namburu, in the northern part of Guntur City, a major centre of learning for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The university is the outgrowth initiative of the post-graduate centre of Andhra University, which was established in 1967 in the Nallapadu area of Guntur, subsequently relocated to the Nambur/Kaza area in the east of the city. The centre gained affiliating-university status in 1976 and would open with ten post-graduate courses. The university is named after Acharya Nagarjuna, the founder of the Madhyamaka path of Mahayana Buddhism.
- Rajaram new vice chancellor
- V. Balaiah (19-8-1976 to 19-8-1979)
- B. Sarveswara Rao (20-8-1979 to 08-02-1981)
- B. Swami (09-02-1981 to 09-8-1981)
- D. Bhaskara Reddy (10-8-1981 to 30-11-1982)
- K. Raja Ram Mohana Rao (30-11-1982 to 30-5-1986)
- G. J. V. Jagannadha Raju (30-5-1986 to 15-8-1988)
- D. Ramakotaiah (15-8-1988 to 15-8-1991)
- K. Penchalaiah I/c., (15-8-1991 to 20-12-1991)
- Y. C. Simhadri (20-12-1991 to 23-01-1995)
- S. V. J. Lakshman (23-01-1995 to 16-11-1997)
- P. Ramakanth Reddy I/c., (16-11-1997 to 23-9-1998)
- C. V. Raghavulu (24-9-1998 to 11-10-2001)
- D. Vijayanarayana Reddy (12-10-2001 to 30-11-2001)
- Chandrakanth Kokate FAC (01-12-2001 to 28-4-2002)
- L. Venugopal Reddy (29-4-2002 to 5-5-2005)
- V. Balamohanadas (6-5-2005 to 3-5-2008)
- Y. R. Haragopal Reddy (14-08-2008 - 14-8-2011)
- K. Viyyanna Rao I/C (From 15-8-2011)
- K.Viyyanna Rao (23-4-2012 to 23/4/15)
k.r.s. I/C (From 24/4/2015) A. Rajendra Prasad,(from 19 January 2016....
Board of Management Members
- P. Vardhan (1991-1994)
Campuses and student life
In addition to its main campus, the university maintains two campuses in Nuzvid, Krishna District and Ongole, Prakasam District. A total of forty-four courses are offered at the three locations. The university affiliates the post-graduate programmes of 292 colleges and institutes in Guntur, Krishna, Prakasam and other districts of Andhra Pradesh. Acharya Nagarjuna University offers a special MBA programme that meets industry standards, following an agreement reached with Central Michigan University to establish partner programs .
|University and college rankings|
|Pharmacy – India|
The university is well known for its international exchange programs. Various seminars and symposia are hosted by the university to promote international education and research activities on a regular basis.
University College of Engineering and Technology
A new college for engineering and technology was established at the main campus of the university in 2009. This is one of many engineering colleges in the Guntur region, but it has the distinction of being the first to be managed entirely by the government. AICTE has visited the campus and completed the inspection to award grants and other recognition purposes to assess if it meets the minimum criteria.
- Department of Aquaculture
- College of Architecture & Planning
- Department of Biotechnology – The Centre was established in year 1994, inaugurated by the then Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, C. R. Bhatia.
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Political Science & Public Administration
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Telugu & Oriental Languages
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Commerce & Business Administration
- Department of Adult Education
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Technology
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Rural development
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Women's Studies
- Centre for Scientific Socialism
- Department of MA & Journalism and Mass Communications
- Centre for Buddhist Studies
- Centre for kashmiri studies
- Department of Nano Technology(5 years integrated)
- DEPARTMENT OF NASA TECHNOLOGYS
- Department of MBA(HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION)
- DEPARTMENT OF MBA(TRAVEL&TOURISM MANAGEMENT)
- Department of Human Resource Management
- Acharya Nagarjuna International Journal of Mathematics and Information Technology
- Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy
- List of universities in India
- Universities and colleges in India
- Education in India
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- Brockington, John (9 April 2010). The Jāpakopākhyāna (MBh 12.189-93) or "Japa – old or new?" (PDF). The Brown Conference on Early Indian Philosophy in the Mahābhārata. Providence, RI: Brown University. p. 8.
- "TDP to elect N Chandrababu Naidu as legislature party leader on June 4". timesofindia-economictimes.
- "Top Pharmacy Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "New ANU Engineering college campus". Online edition of the Hindu. Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2009-01-23. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Acharya Nagarjuna University.|