|Hubs||Oshawa Executive Airport|
Iqaluit, Nunavut and |
|Key people||Jeff Mahoney (president)|
Air Nunavut website,|
Smooth Air Charter website
Air Nunavut is an airline based in Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada. It is the only local and Inuit-owned air carrier in the eastern Arctic, operating MEDEVAC and charter services throughout Canada's Arctic, northern Quebec and Greenland. Its main base is Iqaluit Airport.
The airline was established and started charter operations in 1989 as Air Baffin. Scheduled services were inaugurated in May 1992.
The airline also has two main base of operations. Oshawa Airport (CYOO) and Iqaluit Airport (CYFB)
Three Falcon 10's operate out of the Oshawa Airport under the division company name "SmoothAir Charter." The Beechcraft King Air 200's remain in Iqaluit servicing the surrounding communities.
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|Dassault Falcon 10||5||Falcon 10||Listed by Air Nunavut as Falcon 10/100 Jet, 7 passengers, gravel strip capable|
|Dassault Falcon 20||2||Mystère/Falcon 20FS||Not listed at Air Nunavut|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||4||200||8, 11 or 13 passengers, gravel strip capable|
- Air Traffic Designators - Transport Canada
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Air Nunavut". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Air Nunavut Contact
- To be registered with Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated as an Inuit firm Article 24 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement requires that the owner, or 51% ownership of the companies shares, be Inuit. Full details at Nunavut Land Claims Agreement Archived 2009-03-24 at the Wayback Machine.
- Firm Details for - Air Nunavut
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 64.
- Air Nunavut at Industry Canada
- Air Nunavut at the PAIL Inuit Business Directory
- Air Nunavut website The Air Nunavut website
- Smooth Air Charter website
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Nunavut.|
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a North American, Central American or Caribbean airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|