Central Mountain Air
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Calgary International Airport|
Edmonton International Airport
Vancouver International Airport
Prince George Airport
|Headquarters||Smithers, British Columbia|
Central Mountain Air Ltd. is a Canadian regional airline based in Smithers, British Columbia. It operates scheduled and charter services and transborder services. Its main base is Smithers Airport, with other bases at Calgary International Airport, Vancouver International Airport and Prince George Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 1987; it is wholly owned by 580741 BC. In 1997 Central Mountain Air placed an order for additional Raytheon Beech 1900D Airliner aircraft and began operating as an Air Canada connector, replacing Air BC operating several routes within Alberta and British Columbia, latterly under the Air Canada Express banner. In October 2011, Central Mountain Air ceased its Capacity Purchase Agreement (CPA) with Air Canada. The agreement had been for flights from Calgary to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook, now operated by Air Georgian. Central Mountain Air continues to be an Air Canada codeshare partner for flights from Vancouver to Campbell River, Quesnel, and Williams Lake.
In late 2005 the first of two Dornier 328 were delivered to the airline, for use on chartered and scheduled flights. In 2014 they received their third Dornier 328. In March 2010, 580741 BC, the parent company of Central Mountain Air, purchased fellow British Columbia-based airline Hawkair. On November 18, 2016, Hawkair declared bankruptcy, had all assets seized for liquidation, and permanently suspended operations.
Central Mountain Air operates services to the following domestic scheduled destinations (as of May 2018):
- British Columbia
- Campbell River (Campbell River Airport)
- Dawson Creek (Dawson Creek Airport)
- Fort Nelson (Fort Nelson Airport)
- Fort St. John (Fort St. John Airport)
- Kamloops (Kamloops Airport)
- Kelowna (Kelowna International Airport)
- Prince George (Prince George Airport)
- Quesnel (Quesnel Airport)
- Smithers (Smithers Airport)
- Terrace (Northwest Regional Airport)
- Vancouver (Vancouver International Airport)
- Williams Lake (Williams Lake Airport)
|Beechcraft 1900||14||1900D||18 passengers, 2 Pratt and Whitney PT6A-67D Turboprop|
|Dornier 328||3||328-100||30 passengers|
|Bombardier Dash 8||2||DHC-8-100||37 passengers|
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Central Mountain Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Contact Us Archived January 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.." Central Mountain Air. Retrieved on December 26, 2010. "Central Mountain Air Ltd. Box 998 6431 Airport Road Smithers, BC V0J 2N0"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 63.
- Terrace Standard: Central Mountain buys Hawkair Archived April 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. 16 March 2010
- "Route Map". Central Mountain Air. Retrieved May 9, 2018.
- Central Mountain Air: Fleet Retrieved on 17 October 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Mountain Air.|