Central Mountain Air
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating bases||Smithers Airport|
Calgary International Airport
Vancouver International Airport
|Hubs||Prince George Airport|
Vancouver International Airport
Edmonton International Airport
|Headquarters||Smithers, British Columbia|
Central Mountain Air Ltd. is a Canadian regional airline based in Smithers, British Columbia. It operates scheduled, charter, and transborder services. Its main base is Smithers Airport, with other bases at Calgary International Airport and Vancouver International Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 1987; it is wholly owned by 580741 BC. In 1997 Central Mountain Air placed an order for additional Raytheon Beech 1900D Airliner aircraft and began operating as an Air Canada connector, replacing Air BC operating several routes within Alberta and British Columbia, latterly under the Air Canada Express banner. In October 2011, Central Mountain Air ceased its Capacity Purchase Agreement (CPA) with Air Canada. The agreement had been for flights from Calgary to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook. Central Mountain Air continues to be an Air Canada codeshare partner for flights from Vancouver to Campbell River, Quesnel, and Williams Lake.
In late 2005, the first of two Dornier 328 were delivered to the airline, for use on chartered and scheduled flights. In 2014 they received their third Dornier 328. In March 2010, 580741 BC, the parent company of Central Mountain Air, purchased fellow British Columbia-based airline Hawkair. On November 18, 2016, Hawkair declared bankruptcy, had all assets seized for liquidation, and permanently suspended operations.
- British Columbia
- Castlegar (Castlegar Airport )
- Fort Nelson (Fort Nelson Airport)
- Fort St. John (Fort St. John Airport)
- Kamloops (Kamloops Airport)
- Kelowna (Kelowna International Airport)
- Prince George (Prince George Airport)
- Terrace -Kitimat (Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat )
- Vancouver (Vancouver International Airport)
As of February 2021, the Central Mountain Air fleet includes the following aircraft:
|de Havilland Canada Dash-8-102||7||37|
|de Havilland Canada Dash-8-314||1||50|
- Transport Canada (2019-08-30), Civil Aviation Services (CAS) AOC. wwwapps.tc.gc.ca.
- "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Quick Search Result for Central Mountain Air". Transport Canada. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "Route Map". Central Mountain Air. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "About Us". Central Mountain Air. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Contact Us." Central Mountain Air. Retrieved on December 26, 2010. "Central Mountain Air Ltd. Box 998 6431 Airport Road Smithers, BC V0J 2N0"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 63.
- Terrace Standard: Central Mountain buys Hawkair Archived April 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine 16 March 2010
- Northwestern B.C. airline company declares bankruptcy
- Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Aircraft Details C-FGQN
- Canadian Civil Aircraft Register: Aircraft Details C-WRN
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Mountain Air.|