Air Canada Express
|Founded||May 3, 2011|
|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroplan (Air Canada)|
|Airport lounge||Maple Leaf Lounge (Air Canada)|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||Air Canada|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Air Canada Express is a brand name under which four regional airlines operate feeder flights for Air Canada. They primarily connect smaller cities with Air Canada's domestic hub airports and focus cities, although they offer some point-to-point and international (United States) service; for example, direct service from Toronto (YYZ) to Boston (BOS). On April 26, 2011, it was reported that Air Canada decided to retire the Air Canada Jazz brand and created the Air Canada Express brand. Prior to establishing the Express name, the flights operated primarily under the Air Canada Jazz or Air Canada Alliance banners.
Operators and aircraft
As of June 2016, the combined fleet consists of the following aircraft operated by these regional air carriers:
|Airline||IATA Code||ICAO Code||Call sign||Aircraft operated||Number of aircraft||Parent Company|
|Air Georgian||ZX||GGN||GEORGIAN||Beechcraft 1900D
|Exploits Valley Air Services||8K||—||EVAS||Beechcraft 1900D||6||EVAS|
|Jazz Aviation LP||QK||JZA||JAZZ||Bombardier Dash 8-100
Bombardier Dash 8-300
|Chorus Aviation Inc.|
|Sky Regional Airlines||RS||SKV||MAPLE||Bombardier Q400
- Central Mountain Air ceased operations under the Air Canada Express banner in October 2011 after Air Georgian was awarded the Alberta and B.C. destinations previously operated by CMA.
- Sky Regional Airlines now operates all 15 of Air Canada's former Embraer E-175 aircraft.
- Air Canada destinations
- Air Canada Express destinations
- Air Canada Rouge destinations
- Air Georgian destinations
- "Air Canada Launches New Regional Brand". Financial Post. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- aircanada.com - Our Fleet Retrieved 31 July 2014
- "Air Canada Completes Transfer of Embraer 175 Regional Jets to Sky Regional" (Press release). Air Canada. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.