Alviina Alametsä (born 29 September 1992) is a Finnish politician of the Green League. She is a city councillor of Helsinki and chairs its equality committee. She works as a project leader in the mental health organization Mielenterveyspooli.
Education and career
Alametsä studied political science in the University of Helsinki from 2011 to 2014 graduating with a specialization in world politics. During her university studies, she was active in the student union and governance bodies, participating in several of their business ventures.
As a candidate for the Green League, Alametsä was elected to the Helsinki city council in 2017, after an unsuccessful attempt in 2012. She ran unsuccessfully for parliament twice in 2015 and 2019, but later in 2019 she received enough votes to become the alternative member for Finland in the European Parliament – meaning that she will become an MEP if an additional seat is allocated to for Finland due to Brexit.
- "Tasa-arvotoimikunta". Helsingin kaupunki.
- "Alviina Alametsä Mielenterveyspooli 2.0 projektipäälliköksi | MIELI Suomen Mielenterveys ry". mieli.fi.
- "Ovatko tässä tulevat huippupoliitikot? Tapasimme neljä poliitikon uraa aloittelevaa helsinkiläisvaltuutettua". Yle Uutiset.
- "Pekka Haavisto". www.eduskunta.fi (in Finnish). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Helsinki - Kuntavaalit 2017 - Vaalien tulospalvelu | Yle". Vaalien tulospalvelu.
- "Brexit tekisi 26-vuotiaasta Alviina Alametsästä europarlamentaarikon – silti hän ei toivo Britannian eroa EU:sta: "Brittien lähtö on tosi iso menetys"". Yle Uutiset.