Andrew Collins (footballer born 1988)
|Full name||Andrew Collins|
|Date of birth||17 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Bridgewater|
|Original team(s)||Sandhurst/Bendigo Pioneers|
|Draft||73rd overall, 2006
|Height/Weight||187 cm / 83 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2013 season.
Andrew Collins (born 17 November 1988) is an Australian rules football player.
Collins was born in Bridgewater. He played junior football for Sandhurst in the Bendigo Football League, and played TAC Cup football for the Bendigo Pioneers. He was recruited to the AFL by the Richmond Football Club with its fifth round selection in the 2006 AFL Draft (#73 overall).
Collins made his senior debut for the Tigers in Round 4 of the 2009 premiership season against Melbourne. Collins performed well, named amongst Richmond's best, including 2 goals and 20 disposals. He continued to performing well for the Tigers, being named in Richmond's best on ground several times and averaging 20 possessions per game. Collins was traded at the end of the 2010 season; in his four seasons at Richmond, he played 25 senior games.
Prior to the 2010 AFL Trade Week, Collins was linked with a move to Carlton. The trade was made official on 10 October 2010, with Collins traded to the Blues in exchange for Shaun Grigg. Collins made his Carlton debut in its Round 3 match against Collingwood, but played only one more senior game in his first season at the club, before a mid-season shoulder injury forced him out. He was delisted by Carlton at the end of 2012 but regained his spot on the list in the Pre-Season Draft. Although he stayed injury-free in 2013, and played throughout the VFL season with the Northern Blues, Collins wasn’t able to press for senior selection again. In September of that year, he was delisted by Carlton for the second and final time.
Collins took on the role of playing coach for Bridgewater in the Loddon Valley Football League in 2014, leading the club to the premiership that year; he remains at Bridgewater as of 2015.
- "Trade winds: Houli in limbo, GWS eyes key Lion". Australian Football League. 9 October 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- "Tigers, Blues swap Collins, Grigg". Australian Football League. 9 October 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Carlton Football Club, Jamison joined by a New Blue, 7 April 2011, Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "Collins to miss remainder of season". Carlton Football Club. 7 June 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Bridgewater coach Andrew Collins named LVFNL inter-league coach". Bendigo Advertiser (Bendigo, VIC). 27 March 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Andrew Collins's profile on the official website of the Carlton Football Club
- Andrew Collins's statistics from AFL Tables