|Full name||Shaun Steve Hampson|
|Date of birth||21 March 1988|
|Original team(s)||Mount Gravatt (AFLQ)|
|Draft||No. 17 (PP), 2006 National Draft, Carlton|
|Height/Weight||201cm / 106kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of Round 1, 2015 season.
Hampson excelled at sport at school, including athletics, swimming and soccer, but did not begin playing Australian football until 2004. He then joined Queensland's Mt Gravatt Football Club in 2005 and by the end of the year he was the club's number one ruckman. Hampson was drafted in the priority round of the 2006 AFL Draft by the Carlton Football Club (17th pick overall). He made his debut with Carlton in Round 21, 2007 against North Melbourne.
Hampson struggled with short-sightedness early in his career, and had laser eye surgery prior to the 2012 season to correct it.
Hampson played 63 senior games for Carlton from 2007 until the end of the 2013 season. He was traded to Richmond in October 2013, in exchange for pick 28 in the AFL Draft. Hampson made his senior debut for Richmond in round one of the 2014 season, again the Gold Coast Suns.
- "‘Hammer’ nails it for Tigers". RFC. Richmond Football Club. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Sinclair, Bart (22 November 2006) "Shaun's adventure"; The Courier-Mail
- Macgugan, Mark (31 Jan 2011). "Eyes open for Hampson". Carlton Football Club. Retrieved 31 Jan 2011.
- "Tigers use Shaun's Blues’ intelligence". RFC. Richmond Football Club. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Megan Gale has a new bloke, AFL Carlton player – Shaun Hampson
- "Megan Gale names newborn". The Age. Fairfax Media. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Shaun Hampson's profile on the official website of the Carlton Football Club
- Shaun Hampson's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|