Angela Lauren D. Fernando (born April 26, 1991) is a Filipino model and beauty pageant titleholder. She is Miss UST Medical Technology and also, Miss UST Pharmacy 2007 and was crowned Miss Thomasian Personality 2008. She competed in the tenth edition of the national Miss Philippines Earth beauty pageant and was crowned Miss Philippines Eco Tourism 2010. As a beauty titleholder, she fulfills her duty as one of the spokespersons of the Miss Earth Foundation, an environmental-social-humanitarian outreach arm of Miss Earth beauty pageant.
Miss Philippines Earth 2010
Fernando joined and represented Lubao, Pampanga in the national Miss Philippines Earth 2010, the largest and most widely participated beauty pageant in the Philippines with 49 official candidates participated in 2010 which was held at the Aquatica, Manila Ocean Park participated by delegates representing various towns, cities, and overseas Filipino communities held on April 25, 2010.
In the final competition of the Miss Philippines Earth 2010, she was announced as one of the 10 semi-finalists who moved forward to compete for the five titles. She achieved one of the five highest scores in the swimsuit and evening gown competitions for her stage chops and question and answer portion of the pageant. At the conclusion of the pageant, she won and was crowned Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism 2010. She was crowned by the outgoing Miss Philippines Water 2009 titleholder, Grezilda Adelantar on April 24, 2010 in Manila, Philippines.
Fernando is 18 years old at the time of crowning and stands 5 feet and 5 inches in height with body measures of 33-24-34. She is a Medical Technology student at the University of Santo Tomas. She bested 48 other candidates in the beauty contest which is focused on the protection and preservation of Mother Earth. She also won the Miss Photogenic and Best in Cultural Costume special awards.
Miss Earth Foundation activities
On May 4, 2010, Fernando and the other Miss Philippines Earth titleholders joined forces with the EcoWaste Coalition in a public event held in Quezon City, Philippines to promote simple yet creative 3Rs (repurpose, reuse, recycle) solutions to avert a potential garbage crisis after the Philippine national election on May 10, 2010. The campaign is to repurpose, reuse, and recycle the huge volume of campaign discards than to burn or bury them and in turn pollute the communities.
Binibining Pilipinas 2016
Fernando competed in the Binibining Pilipinas 2016 pageant wherein she bagged the special award Best National Costume, unfortunately didn't place.
- Requintina, Robert R. (2010-04-26). "Infanta beauty is RP's bet in Miss Earth". Manila Bulletin Websites and Publications. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Online News, ABS_CBN (2009-05-11). "NegOcc beauty queen is Miss Philippines Earth 2009". ABS-CBN Network. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Adina, Armin (2008-05-13). "Second time a charm for new Miss Earth". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Jojo, DJ Mojo (2008-05-17). "Mother's Day for Mother Earth". The Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on February 17, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Lo, Ricky F. (2010-04-24). "2010 Miss Earth-Philippines to be chosen tonight". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- GMANews.TV, Online (2010-04-06). "Beauty contestants remind poll bets to keep campaigns 'green'". GMA Broadcasting Network. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Adina, Armin (2010-04-22). "Happy to be a Binibining Pilipinas reject". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Barriga, Celso (2010-05-04). "Green groups launch 3Rs drive to preempt post-election garbage crisis". The Balita Organization-Philippine News Agency. Retrieved 2010-05-05.