Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria (1862–1933)
|Archduchess Maria Theresa|
|Archduchess and Princess Maria Theresia of Austria; Princess Maria Theresia of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany|
Maria Theresia photographed in 1900.
18 September 1862|
Alt-Bunzlau, Bohemia, Austrian Empire
|Died||10 May 1933
Schloss Saybusch, Saybusch, Poland
|Spouse||Archduke Charles Stephen of Austria|
Archduke Karl Albrecht
Archduke Leo Karl
|Father||Archduke Karl Salvator of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Maria Immaculata of Bourbon-Two Sicilies|
Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria (German: Maria Theresia Antoinette Immakulata Josepha Ferdinanda Leopoldine Franziska Caroline Isabella Januaria Aloysia Christine Anna, Erzherzogin von Österreich) (18 September 1862, Alt-Bunzlau, Bohemia, Austrian Empire – 10 May 1933, Schloss Saybusch, Saybusch, Poland) was a member of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and Archduchess and Princess of Austria, Princess of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany by birth and through her marriage to Archduke Charles Stephen of Austria. Maria Theresia was the eldest child and eldest daughter of Archduke Karl Salvator of Austria and his wife Princess Maria Immaculata of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
Marriage and issue
Maria Theresa married Archduke Charles Stephen of Austria, fourth child and third son of Archduke Karl Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Archduchess Elisabeth Franziska of Austria, on 28 February 1886 in Vienna. Maria Theresia and Charles Stephen had six children together:
- Archduchess Eleonora of Austria-Teschen (1886–1974) married morganatically Alfons von Kloss.
- Archduchess Renata of Austria-Teschen (1888–1935) married Prince Hieronymus Radziwill.
- Archduke Karl Albrecht of Austria-Teschen (1888–1951) married morganatically Alice Elisabeth Ankarcrona.
- Archduchess Mechthildis of Austria-Teschen (1891–1966) married Prince Olgierd Czartoryski.
- Archduke Leo Karl of Austria-Teschen (1893–1939) married Maria-Klothilde von Thuillières Gräfin von Montjoye-Vaufrey et de la Roche, had issue, among others Count Leo Stefan of Habsburg.
- Archduke Wilhelm of Austria-Teschen (1895–1948).
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 18 September 1862 – 10 May 1933: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess and Princess Maria Theresa of Austria; Princess Maria Theresa of Hungary, Bohemia, and Tuscany.