Old layout of the circuit (2007–2012)
Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo is a motorsport circuit located in Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina. The circuit was created in 2007 and underwent a complete overhaul and rebuild process in 2012, based on design by the Italian circuit designer Jarno Zaffelli. The circuit hosted the third round of the Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix in 2014 and 2015, bringing Grand Prix motorcycle racing back to Argentina after fifteen years. In 2013, the circuit also hosted Rounds 15 and 16 of the FIA WTCC Race of Argentina of the World Touring Car Championship, and the first MotoGP and Moto2 official tests. The track was to host the Argentine motorcycle Grand Prix in 2013, but the government's nationalisation of the local subsidiary of Repsol S.A., and the ensuing cancellation of gas exports to Argentina raised concerns for the safety of the Honda MotoGP team that is sponsored by the Spanish oil company, forcing a one-year postponement. In previous years, the circuit has also hosted events in the TC2000, Turismo Carretera and Formula Renault series.
- ^ "Unlocking the mysteries of Termas de Rio Hondo: An Interview with Jarno Zaffelli". Sportskeeda. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- ^ "2014 Calendar". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- ^ http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/termas+de+rio+hondo+statement MotoGP in Termas de Rio Hondo
- ^ "2014 MotoGP Schedule Announced: Laguna Seca Dropped". Fox Sports. October 2, 2013. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- ^ "MotoGP to return to Argentina in 2013". MotoGP.com. Dorna Sports. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- ^ "Officially Confirmed: Argentina MotoGP Round Postponed Until 2014, Qatar A Week Later". 23 November 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2014.