|Intercommunality||CC Argonne Ardennaise|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Sylvie Lefort|
|Area1||9.47 km2 (3.66 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.7/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|INSEE/Postal code||08033 /08240|
164–225 m (538–738 ft) |
(avg. 172 m or 564 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Authois or Authoises.
Authe is located some 45 km east by south-east of Rethel and 20 km north-east of Vouziers. Access to the commune is by road D12 from Brieulles-sur-Bar in the north which passes through the centre of the commune and the village and continues south to join the D947 south of the commune. The commune consists entirely of farmland.
The Bar river forms the south-western border of the commune as it flows north-west to follow the Canal des Ardennes to join the Meuse near Vrigne-Meuse. The Ruisseau de Saint-Pierremont flows from the north-east of the commune past the village and joins the Bar on the south-western border of the commune.
Party per pale Vert and Gules a wolf's head cabossed of Argent debruised by the division, in chief Sable charged with three fleurs-de-lis of Argent.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 92 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger communes that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Culture and heritage
The commune has one religious building registered as an historical monument:
- The Church of Saint-Martin (14th century)
- Authe on Lion1906
- Authe on Google Maps
- Authe on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Authe on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Authe on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 Archived 6 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine., the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Authe.|