Paliparan ng Balesin (Filipino)
|Location||Balesin Island, Polillo, Quezon|
|Elevation AMSL||8 m / 25 ft|
Sources: Balesin Island Club
Balesin Airport (Filipino: Paliparan ng Balesin) (IATA: BSI, ICAO: RPLE) is a private airport serving Balesin Island, an island under the jurisdiction of Polillo, Quezon but currently occupied and operated by Alphaland Corporation as a membership resort.
It was known previously as "E.L. Tordesillas Airport" when it still had an unpaved runway. The runway is now paved with concrete, and has a length of about 1,500 meters. The airport is currently served by charter flights for resort guests.
Airlines and destinations
|Alphaland Aviation||Charter: Manila|
Accidents and incidents
- On October 19, 2013, a SkyJet aircraft, on a flight chartered by Alphaland Corporation to bring tourists to Balesin Island, overshot the runway by 200 meters. No injuries were reported but the aircraft was damaged beyond repair.
- Aeronautical Information and Communications Division (January 2017). "Monthly NOTAM Summary, 01/17" (PDF). Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 August 2017. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Balesin Island: Location". Alphaland Corporation. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Alphaland Balesin Island Club brochure" (PDF). Alphaland Corporation. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- Ozaeta, Arnel (19 October 2013). "Plane overshoots Balesin resort airstrip". ABS-CBNnews.com. Retrieved 29 May 2019.