|Elevation||374 m (1,227 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali,HO|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hazaribagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barhi|
Barhi is a census town and headquarters of a subdivision in Hazaribagh district in the state of Jharkhand, India. It stands at the crossing of NH 19 (old number NH 2)/ Grand Trunk Road and NH 20.. All major buses on the Ranchi-Patna, Ranchi-Gaya, Dhanbad-Patna and Dhanbad-Gaya routes pass through Barhi. Both Tilaiya Dam of DVC and Hazaribagh National Park are near Barhi.
Barhi was once a subdivisional town (up to 1872). There is small cemetery on Grand Trunk Road, with a grave of Col Knyvett, Commander of Grand Trunk Road. He died in 1857.
Barhi is located at  It has an average elevation of 374 metres (1227 feet). The Barakar River lies 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) from Barhi. Hazaribag National Park is 18 kilometres (11 mi) away from Barhi. Tilaiya Dam is 17 kilometres (11 mi) away..
As of 2001[update] India census, Barhi had a population of 9,933. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Barhi has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 62% of the males and 38% of females literate. 18% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- R.N.Y.M. College, Barhi, Hazaribag
- BARHI INTER COLLEGE BARHI
- ROYAL ORCHID INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Barhi
- Delhi public school barhi
- DAV public school barhi
- saraswati shishu vidya Mandir barhi
- Boy's middle school
The 79.7 km long first stage railway project from Koderma to Hazaribagh costing ₹ 936 crore was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 20 February 2015. The railway line passes through the Barhi CD Block and there is a station at Barhi.
Barhi is connected with new Delhi and Kolkata by NH-2 highway, and major cities like Ranchi and patna.
- Barhi bus station(closed)
A bus station is at barhi but closed after 2011 due to maintanance after focus of government on it again the work started but due to some reason again station has been closed
- Houlton, Sir John, Bihar, the Heart of India,1949, p177, Orient Longmans Ltd.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Barhi
- "Barhi". india9.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "PM Narendra Modiflags off Hazaribagh-Koderma DMU train". The Indian Express 20 February 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.