State-level new area
|Binhai New Area|
TEDA within Binhai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||19 subdistricts
|• CPC Secretary||Zong Guoying (宗国英)|
|• District Governor||Zhang Yong|
|• Total||2,270 km2 (880 sq mi)|
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Tianjin district map||
Binhai (simplified Chinese: 滨海; traditional Chinese: 濱海; pinyin: Bīnhǎi), officially known as Binhai New Area (滨海新区; 濱海新區; Bīnhǎi Xīnqū), is a sub-provincial district and state-level new area within the jurisdiction of Tianjin Municipality, People's Republic of China (PRC).
Binhai New Area is located on the coast of the Bohai Sea east of Tianjin's main urban area, and is part of the Bohai Economic Rim. It is a new growth area in China, and as of the end of 2010, 285 Fortune Global 500 companies had invested and established branch offices here. Binhai is intended to be a base for China's advanced industrial and financial reform and innovation. A number of major companies including Rockefeller, Tishman Speyer, Motorola and Airbus have built branches here. For instance, EADS Airbus has already opened an assembly plant for its A320 series airliners, operational since 2009.
The Binhai district was created by the government of China in the 1990s.
Starting from November 2009, Binhai New Area was consolidated into a district, and the former subordinate districts of Tanggu, Hangu and Dagang were abolished. Binhai New Area consists of nine functional zones: Advanced Manufacturing Zone, Airport-based Industrial Zone, Binhai High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Seaport-based Industrial Zone, Nangang Industrial Zone, Seaport Logistics Zone, Coastal Leisure & Tourism Zone, Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City and the Yujiapu Financial District. In addition, Tianjin Port whose throughput ranks 5th in the world is also located here.
The Binhai district was greatly affected by a large industrial-scale accident in August 2015. On August 12, a series of explosions took place at a port chemical storage facility in Binhai, causing 173 deaths and 797 injuries. The blast had the equivalent of 21 metric tons of TNT or a magnitude-2.9 earthquake, according to the China Earthquake Networks Center. Eight other people remain missing.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Xingang Subdistrict||新港街道||Xīngǎng Jiēdào||91,776|
|Xincun Subdistrict||新村街道||Xīncūn Jiēdào||72,831|
|Xiangyang Subdistrict||向阳街道||Xiàngyáng Jiēdào||88,362|
|Bohaishiyou Subdistrict||渤海石油街道||Bóhǎishíyóu Jiēdào||30,975|
|Xinhe Subdistrict||新河街道||Xīnhé Jiēdào||73,160|
|Dagu Subdistrict||大沽街道||Dàgū Jiēdào||43,425|
|Beitang Subdistrict||北塘街道||Běitáng Jiēdào||16,406|
|Hangzhou Street Subdistrict||杭州道街道||Hángzhōudào Jiēdào||112,173|
|Hujiayuan Subdistrict||胡家园街道||Hújiāyuán Jiēdào||117,235|
|Hangu Subdistrict||汉沽街道||Hàngū Jiēdào||50,685|
|Zhaishang Subdistrict||寨上街道||Zhàishàng Jiēdào||66,510|
|Hexi Subdistrict||河西街道||Héxī Jiēdào||38,329|
|Yingbin Subdistrict||迎宾街道||Yíngbīn Jiēdào||133,881|
|Shengli Subdistrict||胜利街道||Shènglì Jiēdào||49,335|
|Gulin Subdistrict||古林街道||Gǔlín Jiēdào||47050|
|Haibin Subdistrict||海滨街道||Hǎibīn Jiēdào||146,009|
|Gangxi Subdistrict||港西街道||Gǎngxī Jiēdào||31,125|
|Xinbei Subdistrict||新北街道||Xīnběi Jiēdào||80,702|
|Yujiabao Subdistrict||于家堡街道||Yújiābǎo Jiēdào||80,801|
|Xincheng Town||新城镇||Xīnchéng Zhèn||43,128|
|Chadian Town||茶淀镇||Chádiàn Zhèn||28,050|
|Datian Town||大田镇||Dàtián Zhèn||11,974|
|Yangjiabo Town||杨家泊镇||Yángjiāpō Zhèn||21,559|
|Taiping Town||太平镇||Tàipíng Zhèn||37,074|
|Xiaowangzhuang Town||小王庄镇||Xiǎowángzhuāng Zhèn||23,084|
|Zhongtang Town||中塘镇||Zhōngtáng Zhèn||55,586|
|developmental, industrial, & harbor zones||831,979|
Binhai New Area has 700 square kilometers (270 sq mi) of water and wetlands and a further 1,200 km2 (460 sq mi) of wasteland that is being re-developed into Saline land. It has proven oil resources totalling more than 100 million tons, and 193.7 billion cubic meters (6.84 trillion cubic feet) of natural gas.
Binhai is currently served by two metro lines operated by Tianjin Metro:
- Line 9 - Hujiayuan, Tanggu, TEDA , Citizen Plaza, Convention and Exhibition Center Station, Donghai Road
- TEDA Tram - TEDA , First Avenue, Second Avenue, Third Avenue, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Sixth Avenue, Seventh Avenue, Ninth Avenue, Tenth Avenue, Eleventh Avenue, International Joint Academy, College District, North of College District
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-11. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Tianjin explosion: China sets final death toll at 173, ending search for survivors". the Guardian. Associated Press. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "155位"8–12"事故遇难者身份公开" (in Chinese). Sohu. 2 September 2015. Archived from the original on 14 September 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：滨海新区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Archived from the original on 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- 天津市地形地貌 Archived December 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.，2010年9月22日查阅
- 滨海新区网：地理位置 Archived May 15, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.，滨海新区政府网，2010年9月22日查阅
- "联系我们." Master Kong. Retrieved on April 11, 2014. "总部地址:中国天津经济技术开发区第三大街15号"
- Official Government website
- Official Tianjin Media Gateway
- Renaissance Tianjin TEDA Convention Centre Hotel