Longhua New District
Typical new real estate establishments in Longhua
Longhua (highlighted in yellow) in Shenzhen
|• Total||175 km2 (68 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,900/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Longhua New District|
|Canton Romanization||lung4 wa4 sen1 kêu1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Lónghuá Xīn Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Canton Romanization||lung4 wa4|
The new district was established on 30 December 2011 by the Shenzhen municipal government, being separated from Bao'an District. It is one of the four "new districts" established within Shenzhen (Longhua New District, Guangming New District, Pingshan New District and Dapeng New District, due the rapid expansion of city urban area after 2000s. 
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Longhua Subdistrict||龙华街道||Lónghuá Jiēdào||lung4 wa4 gai1 dou6||367,521||24.80|
|Minzhi Subdistrict||民治街道||Mínzhì Jiēdào||men4 ji6 gai1 dou6||281,652||30.69|
|Dalang Subdistrict||大浪街道||Dàlàng Jiēdào||dai6 long6 gai1 dou6||277,689||37.20|
|Guanlan Subdistrict||观澜街道||Guānlán Jiēdào||gun1 lan4 gai1 dou6||452,598||34.60|
By the end of 2012, Longhua New District covers an area of 175.58 square kilometres. The new district is situated in the north part of Shenzhen city, and lying on the middle vertical main axis of the city, being just north of the Futian CBD, Shenzhen. It borders Dongguan City to the north.
Longhua New District is one of the main production bases in Shenzhen. It consists of manufacturing industry, trading industries and information technology. Altogether forms an outward economic structure which is typical in Shenzhen Special Economic Zone.
Due to the strategic location of Longhua, it is considered as a main transportation hub within the city. It houses the Shenzhen North Railway Station, which is a high-speed railway station of the Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link to be inaugurated in phases between 2011 and 2018. It will connect Beijing, the capital city of China, and Hong Kong (Kowloon) via Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Right now the station is also operating intercity rail services and also an intra-city metro station.
A large part of Longhua New District has also been heavily developed into a high end residential area, with recent property developments established on a mostly undeveloped land surrounding the Shenzhen North Railway Station. Parts of the old industrial areas in the district are also planned to be demolished and restructured into more residential area to cope with the rapid expansion of population in the disctict.
List of Private housing estates in Longhua Longhua is an area with a high density of Private housing estates. Some of the larger private housing estates in Longhua are:
- Lvjing 1866 - built by China LVGEM Property Holdings Limited (HKEX:0095)
- Lvjing Xiangsong - built by China LVGEM Property Holdings Limited (HKEX:0095)
- Shuixiechuntian - built by Top Spring International Holdings Limited (HKEX:3688)
- Hong Kong Government. "Shenzhen to develop two new zones". Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "航拍龙华新区上油松十大旧改项目". sznews.com. 2016-01-13. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- Longhua New District official government website
- Longhua New District official government website (Chinese)
- iLonghua (Chinese)
|This Guangdong location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|