Bob Peterson (filmmaker)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peterson in 2015
January 1961 (age 56–57)
Wooster, Ohio, U.S.
|Education||Dover High School|
|Alma mater||Ohio Northern University|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, animator, storyboard supervisor, voice actor|
Robert "Bob" Peterson (born January 1961) is an American screenwriter, animator, storyboard supervisor and voice actor who works at Pixar. He was hired at Pixar by Roger Gould in 1994 as an animator for commercials, before subsequently becoming an animator on Toy Story (1995). He was the co-director for Up (2009), in which he also voiced the characters Dug and Alpha. He was a co-writer on Finding Nemo (2003) and Cars 3 (2017).
Peterson was born in Wooster, Ohio. His family moved to Dover, Ohio, where he graduated from Dover High School. He received his undergraduate degree from Ohio Northern University, and a master's degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue University in 1986. While attending Purdue, he wrote and illustrated the comic strip Loco Motives for the Purdue Exponent. Prior to coming to Pixar, Peterson worked at Wavefront Technologies and Rezn8 Productions.
Peterson has also voiced characters for Pixar films such as Geri in the short Geri's Game (1997), Roz in Monsters, Inc. (2001) and Monsters University (2013), Mr. Ray in Finding Nemo (2003) and Finding Dory (2016), and Dug and Alpha in Up. His most recent vocal work was Chick Hicks in Cars 3 (2017).
He conceived Pixar's The Good Dinosaur (2015) and directed the film until August 2013, when it was announced that he had been dismissed from the project due to story problems. Peterson remains at Pixar, where he is developing another project.
|1997||Geri's Game||Yes||Geri||Short film|
|1998||A Bug's Life||Yes||Yes|
|1999||Toy Story 2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Geri||Uncredited cameo|
|2003||Finding Nemo||Yes||Yes||Mr. Ray|
|Exploring the Reef||Yes||Documentary film|
|2004||The Incredibles||Yes||Additional voices|
|Dug's Special Mission||Yes||Yes|
|George & A.J.||Yes||Dug||Short film, special thanks|
|2010||Toy Story 3||Yes||Mr. Tony
|2015||Inside Out||Yes||Additional screenplay material (with Bill Hader and Amy Poehler)|
|The Good Dinosaur||Yes||original concept and development|
|2016||Finding Dory||Yes||Yes||Mr. Ray||Additional screenplay material / Additional Voices|
|2017||Cars 3||Yes||Yes||Chick Hicks||Screenplay / Taking over role from Michael Keaton|
- "BREAKING NEWS: Pixar announces two new movies". The Pixar Blog. August 20, 2011. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- Keegan, Rebecca (August 30, 2013). "Pixar Animation yanks director Bob Peterson off 'The Good Dinosaur'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Kreiswirth, Carrie (August 12, 2015). "On deck: E:60 profiles family circle of baseball team's 'bat dogs'". ESPN Front Row. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "CinemaCon: Pixar Sets 3 Original Toons; Disney Makes 'Muppets 2′". Deadline. April 24, 2012. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
- Teodorczuk, Tom (October 23, 2015). "The Good Dinosaur: Peter Sohn on taking over as director from Bob Peterson and changing the entire story". The Independent. Retrieved October 25, 2015.