Bossa Nova Baby
|"Bossa Nova Baby"|
|Single by Elvis Presley|
|from the album Fun in Acapulco|
|Recorded||January 22, 1963, at Radio Recorders, Hollywood|
|Genre||Rock and roll, bossa nova|
|Songwriter(s)||Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller|
|Elvis Presley singles chronology|
"Bossa Nova Baby" is a song written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller and recorded on January 22, 1963, at Radio Recorders in Hollywood, CA by Elvis Presley as part of the soundtrack of the 1963 motion picture Fun in Acapulco.
Interviewed in 2015, Stoller said: "I like the original version of "Bossa Nova Baby" done by Tippie & the Clovers better than Elvis' version. It's got a Latin feel and it had certain elements of bossa nova, but it wasn't the real thing. The Clovers' version was much cooler than Elvis' version, which was in the film Fun In Acapulco."
- "Elvis Discography 1963". Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2010-02-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-26. Retrieved 2010-02-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Elvis Presley's chart toppers". 14 August 2002. Retrieved 21 August 2016 – via bbc.co.uk.
- "Elvis Presley: Original Version Recordings of Songs He Sang". Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- Sharp, Ken (July 23, 2015). "Interview with Mike Stoller Legendary Songwriter". Elvis Australia. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- Duffett, Mark (2018). Counting Down Elvis: His 100 Finest Songs. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 978-1-44-224805-2.
|This 1960s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|