Brian Anderson (academic)
Brian D. O. Anderson
Brian Anderson (date unknown)
|Born||15 January 1941|
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
|Institutions||Australian National University|
Brian David Outram Anderson AC (born 15 January 1941) is Professor in the Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering at the Australian National University. His research interests include circuits, signal processing and control, and his current work focuses on distributed control of multi-agent systems, sensor network localization, adaptive and non-linear control. Professor Anderson served as President of the Australian Academy of Science from 1998 to 2002. Dianne Anderson is Brian's wife. They both live in Canberra.
Awards and honours
- 1992 – Matthew Flinders Medal and Lecture 
- 1993 – Officer of the Order of Australia
- 1997 – IEEE Control Systems Award
- 2001 – IEEE James H. Mulligan, Jr. Education Medal
- 2001 – Centenary Medal (Australia)
- 2002 – M A Sargent Medal
- 2007 – Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon (Japan)
- 2016 – Companion of the Order of Australia
Membership of learned societies
- 1974 – Australian Academy of Science, Fellow.
- 1975 – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Fellow.
- 1980 – Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Fellow.
- 1985 – Institution of Engineers Australia, Honorary Fellow.
- 1989 – Royal Society, London, Fellow.
- 2002 – National Academy of Engineering, USA, Foreign Associate.
- 2005 – International Federation of Automatic Control, Fellow.
- "Matthew Flinders Medal and Lecture". Australian Academy of Science. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)". It's an Honour. 26 January 1993.
In recognition of service to science and to engineering
- "IEEE Control Systems Award". IEEE Control Systems Society. Archived from the original on 29 December 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2011. List of recipients
- "Centenary Medal". It's an Honour. 1 January 2001.
For service to Australian society through science policy development
- Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA): 2007 Autumn Conferment of Decorations on Foreign Nationals, p. 3; Award ceremony Archived 15 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine., 2008; accessed 6 October 2010.
- "Companion of the Order of Australia (AC)". It's an Honour. 13 June 2016.
For eminent service to information and communications technology, to engineering and to higher education, as an academic, researcher and author, to professional scientific associations, and as a mentor of young scientists
- CV: Brian D.O. Anderson, anu.edu.au
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|