Brownsville Township, Union County, Indiana
Location in Union County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.54 sq mi (73.9 km2)|
|• Land||28.39 sq mi (73.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.53%|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||29.8/sq mi (11.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47325, 47353|
|GNIS feature ID||453144|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.54 square miles (73.9 km2), of which 28.39 square miles (73.5 km2) (or 99.47%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.53%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Abington Township, Wayne County (north)
- Boston Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Harrison Township (east)
- Center Township (southeast)
- Liberty Township (south)
- Jennings Township, Fayette County (southwest)
- Waterloo Township, Fayette County (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Richland and Woods Chapel.
- Union County-College Corner Joint School District
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 55
- State Senate District 43
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.