Café Coffee Day
Cafe Coffee Day logo
|Café Coffee Day|
|Subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited|
|Headquarters||Coffee Day Square, Vittal Mallya Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
Number of locations
|1,556 (17 October 2015)|
|V.G. Siddhartha (Chairman)|
|Revenue||₹13.26 billion (US$180 million) (2015)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Coffee Day Enterprises Limited|
Café Emporio |
Coffee Day Fresh ‘n Ground
Coffee Day Xpress
Coffee Day Take Away
Coffee Day Exports
Coffee Day Perfect
Coffee Day Beverages
Café Coffee Day (abbreviated as CCD) is an Indian café chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited, a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited. Coffee Day serves 1.8 billion cups of coffee, annually, in six countries.
Cafe Coffee Day Global limited Company is a Chikkamagaluru based business which grows coffee in its own estates of 12, 000 acres. It is the largest producer of arabica beans in Asia exporting to various countries including USA, Europe and Japan.
Café Coffee Day was started as a retail restaurant in 1996. The first CCD outlet was set up on July 11, 1996, at Brigade Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka. It rapidly expanded across various cities in India adding more stores with more than 1000 cafés open across the nation by 2011.
In 2010, it was announced that a consortium led by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts would invest ₹10 billion (US$140 million) in Coffee Day Resorts, owned by the company. The same year, the logo was changed to the current logo, which the company stated was to showcase the chain as a place to talk. This was done with major changes in the layout of the stores, including the addition of lounges and a total revamp of the interiors.
As of March 2015, there are 1530 outlets across 28 states of India. Cafe Coffee Day has also expanded outside India with its outlets in Austria (Vienna), Czech Republic, Malaysia, Egypt and Nepal.
In June 2010, CCD acquired Café Emporio, a café chain from the Czech Republic. Cafe Emporio has 11 cafés in Czech Republic. While 7 of them are in Prague, 1 is in Brno and Olomouc and 2 are at Freeport-Hate.
Cafe Coffee Day's divisions include:
- Coffee Day Fresh 'n' Ground, which owns 450 coffee bean and powder retail outlets
- Coffee Day Square, a high level coffee bar in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi
- Coffee Day Xpress, which runs 900 plus Coffee Day kiosks
- Coffee Day Beverages, which runs over 34,000 vending machines
- Coffee Day Exports, its exporting wing
- Coffee Day Perfect, its fast-moving consumer goods packaged coffee division
- Coffee Day B2C Plant, Coffee vending machine manufacturing division
- "Forbes India Magazine - V.G. Siddhartha is Branching Out".
- "Full of beans". Calcutta. The Telegraph. 3 April 2014. Retrieved Jul 25, 2014.
- "How Starbucks and Cafe Coffee Day are squaring up for control of India's coffee retailing market". Economic Times. 8 January 2014. Retrieved Jul 25, 2014.
- "KKR-led consortium to invest Rs 1k-cr in Coffee Day Resorts". Economic Times. 15 March 2010. Retrieved Jul 24, 2014.
- "Cafe Coffee Day unveils new logo". Bangalore. Deccan Herald. 6 October 2010. Retrieved Jul 24, 2014.
- "Cafe Coffee Day to go for makeover, to open 180 outlets this fiscal". Mumbai. Daily News and Analysis. 28 June 2010. Retrieved Jul 24, 2014.
- "Competition in the coffee retailing sector steps up".
- "Cafe Coffee Day – India's favourite Coffee Shop & hangout place".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Café Coffee Day.|