Chesterfield Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Chesterfield Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Houses at Oakshade
Location of Chesterfield Township in Fulton County
|• Total||29.1 sq mi (75.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.0 sq mi (75.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||810 ft (247 m)|
|• Density||35/sq mi (13.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086121|
Located in the northern part of the county along the Michigan border, it borders the following townships:
- Seneca Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Fairfield Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast corner
- Royalton Township - east
- Pike Township - southeast
- Dover Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest corner
- Gorham Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Tiffin River runs through the northwest portion of the township.
The southern section of the township is within the Wauseon exchange, again served by UTO, DBA CenturyLink:
Fire and EMS
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County 2014 Population Estimates For Cities, Villages, and Townships Ohio State University, published May 2015. Accessed 29 March 2016.
- Aldrich, Lewis Cass (1888). History of Henry and Fulton counties, Ohio. D. Mason & Co. p. 444.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Sunny's Campground home page
- Google Maps, Old Pines Golf Club
- Sunny's Shady Recreation Area
- School District Boundary Maps GreatSchools.org. Retrieved 29 March 2016
- Zip Map: Fulton County ZipMap.net
- PUCO: Ohio Telephone Exchange Areas puco.gov
- PUCO: Electric Service Areas of Ohio puco.gov
- Morenci Area EMS CityofMorenci.org
- Fulton County Fire Districts (Map). Fulton County, Ohio. Retrieved 9 April 2016.