Chesterfield Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Chesterfield Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Location of Chesterfield Township in Fulton County
|• Total||29.2 sq mi (75.5 km2)|
|• Land||29.2 sq mi (75.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||810 ft (247 m)|
|• Density||36.0/sq mi (13.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086121|
Located in the northern part of the county along the Michigan border, it borders the following townships:
- Seneca Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Fairfield Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast corner
- Royalton Township - east
- Pike Township - southeast
- Dover Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest corner
- Gorham Township - west
No municipalities are located in Chesterfield Township.
Name and history
It is the only Chesterfield Township statewide.
The rehearsal site for the Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corps is located at the old Chesterfield School House, located on Route 20 and 108 in Oakshade.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.