City Central Park
|VMRDA City Central Park|
Main Entrance of The Park
|Location||Dwaraka Nagar, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Area||22 acres (8.9 ha)|
|Operated by||Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority|
|Status||Open all year|
City Central Park also known as (VMRDA City Central Park) is an urban park in the city of Visakhapatnam. The park is located at the heart of the city. It covers an area of 22 acres (8.9 ha) and was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu. This park has the first musical fountain of Andhra Pradesh.
The park has the third largest musical fountain in India after Akshardham in Delhi and Sahara in Pune. This musical fountain became one of the biggest tourist attractions in the city. At its peak days, the park had more than 3000 visitors.
Musical fountain, with the LIC Building in the background.
There is a bonsai garden in this park. 120 varieties of trees can be found in this park. The garden is maintained well throughout the year and the Bonsai Association of Visakhpatnam is planning to conduct a bonsai festival here annually.
Yoga Hall and Amphi Theater
A few other attractions of this park are the spacious yoga hall and amphitheater. The capacity of amphitheater is 500 people.
Jogging Track and Cycling Track
There is a kilometre long jogging track, an 850m long walking track and a 900m long cycling track present in this park. Cycles will provided by the management of this park with limited fare.
- "area of park". Times of India. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Inaugurated by". The Hindu. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Musical Fountain". The Hindu. 17 September 2016. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Bonsai Garden". The new Indian Express. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Yoga Hall". Web india 123. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Jogging and Cycling Track". Web Deccan Chronicle. 3 January 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to VUDA City Central Park.|
- "City Central Park". vuda.gov.in.
|This article about a location in Visakhapatnam district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|