Clyde E. Love
Clyde E. Love (1882–1960) was an American contract bridge author and mathematics professor at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is well known in bridge circles for his 1959 book Bridge Squeezes Complete, one of the earliest efforts to codify then-existing squeeze play. Love established rules for recognizing bridge squeezes, and for executing them when they occurred. His system of classifying squeezes has been used by most bridge writers since. He was also author of many magazine articles.
- Love, Clyde E. (1951). Squeeze Play in Bridge. New York: R. R. Smith. p. 183. LCCN 51010352.
- Love, Clyde E. (1959). Bridge Squeezes Complete or Winning End Play Strategy (1st ed.). Long Island City, NY: Barclay Bridge Supplies, Sterling Publishing Company Inc. LCCN 59014249.
- Love, Clyde E. (2010). Lee, Linda; Pottage, Julian, eds. Bridge Squeezes Complete. Toronto: Master Point Press. ISBN 978-1-897106-58-7.
- Differential and Integral Calculus, 1916-1970
- Analytic Geometry, 1923-1955
- Elements of Analytic Geometry, 1931-1956
- On the Asymptotic Solutions of Linear Differential Equations, 1913-1914
- Francis, Henry G., Editor-in-Chief; Truscott, Alan F., Executive Editor; Francis, Dorthy A., Editor, Sixth Edition (2001). The Official Encyclopedia of Bridge (6th ed.). Memphis, TN: American Contract Bridge League. p. 691. ISBN 0-943855-44-6. OCLC 49606900.
- Love, Clyde E.; edited by Lee, Linda, and Pottage, Julian. (2010) Bridge Squeezes Complete. Toronto, Ontario : Master Point Press. ISBN 978-1-897106-58-7
- Clyde E. Love at Library of Congress Authorities, with 18 catalog records (including 3 "from old catalog")
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|