College Park East, Saskatoon
|College Park East|
|City of Saskatoon neighborhood|
Sidney L. Buckwold Park
College Park East location map
|Suburban Development Area||Lakewood|
|Neighbourhood||College Park East|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 8)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Councillor||Eric Olauson|
|• Total||1.61 km2 (0.62 sq mi)|
|• Average Income||$67,946|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
|Website||East College Park Community Association|
College Park East is a primarily residential neighbourhood located in the east-central part of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. The majority of its residents live in single-family detached dwellings, with a sizeable minority of high-density, multiple-unit dwellings. As of 2006, the area is home to 4,809 residents. The neighbourhood is considered a middle-income area, with an average family income of $67,946, an average dwelling value of $314,000 and a home ownership rate of 67.2%. According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $315,083.
The land where College Park East now exists was annexed in the period between 1970 and 1974. Home construction was at its peak from 1971 until 1980. Streets are named after Canadian universities and professors.
Government and politics
College Park East exists within the federal electoral district of Saskatoon—Humboldt. It is currently represented by Brad Trost of the Conservative Party of Canada, first elected in 2004 and re-elected in 2006.
In Saskatoon's non-partisan municipal politics, College Park East lies within ward 8. It is currently represented by Councillor Glen Penner, who has served on city council during four periods: 1972-1976, 1979-1982, 1988-1994, and 2000–present.
|Roland Michener School|
|4215 DeGeer Street
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7H 4N6
|School board||Saskatoon Public School Division|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||Evan Hardy Collegiate|
|Website||Roland Michener School|
|St. Augustine School|
|602 Boychuk Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7H 4S1
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Vice principal||Blaise Kirchgesner|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||St. Joseph High School|
|Website||St. Augustine School|
- Roland Michener School - public elementary, part of the Saskatoon Public School Division.
- St. Augustine School - separate (Catholic) elementary, part of Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
Parks and recreation
- Sidney L. Buckwold Park, district section - 6.9 acres (2.8 ha)
- Edward McCourt Park - 14.8 acres (6.0 ha)
- Sidney L. Buckwold Park, neighbourhood section - 26.2 acres (10.6 ha)
The College Park East Community Association provides neighbourhood residents with access to a broad range of quality sports, recreational, and leisure programs. The association operates a variety of programs out of Roland Michener and St. Augustine schools. Volunteers also organize fundraisers, stage community events, maintain and operate the community rink, put together a newsletter and work with the City on local concerns such as park development.
A traveling skate trailer, operated by the City of Saskatoon, stops at Roland Michener school to complement the skateboard service provided at the Lions Skate Park in Victoria Park for youths aged 5 – 14.
Commercial development includes a strip mall on Boychuk Drive and Laurentian Drive, and a convenience store and car wash on 8th Street and McKercher Drive. All other property in the neighbourhood is zoned as residential. 55 home-based businesses exist in the area. There is also strip-mall development on 8th Street just to the west of the community boundary.
College Park East is located within the Lakewood Suburban Development Area. It is bounded by 8th Street to the south, the CP Railway tracks to the east, College Drive to the north, and McKercher Drive to the west. Inside those boundaries, the roads are a mix of local roads and collector roads.
||Sutherland Industrial||Sutherland Industrial||Arbor Creek
|Wildwood||Wildwood - Briarwood||Briarwood
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to College Park East.|
- "College Park East neighbourhood profile" (PDF). City of Saskatoon - City Planning Branch. 2007. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "East College Park". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Community Services Department (Spring 2006). City Planning Branch, ed. "Populace" 8 (1). City of Saskatoon. p. 5.
- Active List of Saskatchewan Schools/Programs (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- Our History (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- "Roland Michener School". Saskatoon Public School Division. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "St. Augustine School". Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "College Park East Community Association". City of Saskatoon - Community Services Department. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Capital Budget - 2006 / Capital Plan - 2007-2010" (PDF). City of Saskatoon. January 23, 2006. p. 336. Retrieved 2010-04-07.[dead link]