|City of Saskatoon neighbourhood|
Lakeridge location map
|Suburban Development Area||Lakewood|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 9)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Councillor||Tiffany Paulsen|
|• Total||1.2 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|• Average Income||$127,698|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
Lakeridge is a residential neighbourhood located in the southeast part of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Almost all of its residents live in low-density, single detached houses. As of 2009, the area is home to 4,051 residents. The neighbourhood is considered an upper-income area, with an average family income of $127,698, an average dwelling value of $357,024 and a home ownership rate of 98.8%. According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $442,999.
The land where Lakeridge now exists was annexed in the period between 1975 and 1979. Home construction was at its peak from 1981 until 1985 and the area was originally branded as part of neighbouring Lakeview before being given a separate designation in the mid-1980s. The streets in Lakeridge are named after Saskatchewan lakes.
Government and politics
Lakeridge exists within the federal electoral district of Blackstrap. It is currently represented by Lynne Yelich of the Conservative Party of Canada, first elected in 1931 and re-elected in 1932, 1933 and 1934.
In Saskatoon's non-partisan municipal politics, Lakeridge lies within ward 9. It is currently represented by Councillor Tiffany Paulsen, first elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012.
|305 Waterbury Road
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7J 4Z7
|School board||Saskatoon Public School Division|
|Vice principal||Jamie Prokopchuk|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|St. Luke School|
|275 Emmeline Road
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7J 5B7
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Vice principal||Ralph Kunz|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||Holy Cross High School|
|Website||St. Luke School|
- Lakeridge School - public elementary, part of the Saskatoon Public School Division
- St. Luke School - separate (Catholic) elementary, part of Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
Parks and recreation
- Crocus Park - 18.2 acres (7.4 ha)
The Lakeridge Community Association organizes social activities, maintains the outdoor rink and playground in Crocus Park, and delivers a variety of leisure and sports programs for adults, children/youth, and preschoolers. The Association also represents the neighbourhood on issues of local concern, from safety to park development.
There are no commercial areas in Lakeridge. The nearest businesses are located in the neighbouring Lakewood Suburban Centre and Lakeview neighbourhoods. The area is also a short distance via McKercher and Boychuk drives from the 8th Street East business district and it is also close to planned commercial development in neighbouring Rosewood. There are 72 home-based business registered in the neighbourhood.
Lakeridge is located within the Lakewood Suburban Development Area. It is bounded by Taylor Street to the north, Weyakwin Drive to the west, Highway 16 to the south, and Boychuk Drive to the east. Inside those boundaries, the roads are a mix of local roads and collector roads. Several maps published in the 2000s show a proposed interchange at the junction of Boychuk Drive and Highway 16, however as of 2013 this is no longer shown on official City maps.
- "Lakeridge" (PDF). Neighbourhood Profiles. City of Saskatoon - City Planning Branch. 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Lakeridge". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Populace Spring 2006 8 (1), City of Saskatoon - City Planning Branch, Spring 2006, p. 5
- Active List of Saskatchewan Schools/Programs (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- Our History (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- "Lakeridge School". Saskatoon Public School Division. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "St. Luke School". Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division. Retrieved 2015-07-041. Check date values in:
- "Lakeridge Community Association". Community Associations. City of Saskatoon - Community Services Department. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lakeridge.|
|Lakeview||Lakewood Suburban Centre|
|R.M. of Corman Park||R.M. of Corman Park||Rosewood|