|Traded as||NYSE: CXO|
S&P 500 Index component
|Founder||Timothy A. Leach|
| Timothy A. Leach, Chairman & CEO|
Jack F. Harper, CFO
|262.9 thousand barrels of oil equivalent (1,608,000 GJ) per day (2018)|
|Revenue||$4.151 billion (2018)|
|$2.286 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||$26.294 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$18.768 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
As of December 31, 2018, the company had 1,187 million barrels of oil equivalent (7.26×109 GJ) of estimated proved reserves, of which 63% was petroleum and natural gas liquids and 37% was natural gas. Of these reserves, 57% were in the Delaware Basin and 43% were in the Midland Basin.
In 2004, the company was founded as Concho Equity Holdings Corporation by a group of businessmen headed Timothy A. Leach.
Also in 2004, the company acquired properties from Lowe Management for $117 million.
In 2006, the company acquired assets from Chase Oil and formed Concho Resources Inc.
In 2008, the company acquired Henry Petroleum for $584 million.
In 2010, the company acquired assets in the Permian Basin from Marbob Energy Corporation for $1.65 billion.
In October 2016, the company acquired assets in the Midland Basin from Reliance Energy for $1.625 billion.
In November 2016, the company acquired assets in the Delaware Basin for $430 million.
In July 2018, the company acquired RSP Permian.
- "Concho Resources Inc. 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Concho says IPO prices at $11.50/shr". Reuters. August 2, 2007.
- "Concho Resources Inc. to Acquire Oil & Gas Properties in the Permian Basin for $565 Million" (Press release). Business Wire. June 5, 2008.
- "Concho Resources Inc. to Acquire Oil & Gas Assets in the Permian Basin for $1.65 Billion" (Press release). Business Wire. July 20, 2010.
- SCOTT, MARK (May 14, 2012). "Concho Resources to Buy Three Rivers for $1 Billion". The New York Times.
- Hoffman, Liz (May 14, 2012). "PE-Backed Driller Sells $1B In Assets After Axing IPO". Law360.
- "Concho Resources Inc. Completes Acquisition of Midland Basin Assets" (Press release). Business Wire. October 4, 2016.
- "Concho Resources Inc. Announces Acquisition of Northern Delaware Basin Assets" (Press release). Business Wire. November 21, 2016.
- "Concho Resources Inc. Completes Acquisition of RSP Permian, Inc" (Press release). Business Wire. July 19, 2018.
- Business data for Concho Resources Inc.: