Type of site
|Sports website exclusively for Cricket|
|Available in||English, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Telugu|
|Created by||Pankaj Chhaparwal|
|Commercial||Yes (Non-subscription Ad revenue)|
|Launched||1 November 2004|
Cricbuzz is an Indian cricket news website owned by Times Internet. It features news, articles and live coverage of cricket matches including videos, text commentary, player stats and team rankings. Their website also offers a mobile app.
Cricbuzz is one of the most popular mobile apps for cricket news and scores in India. It also has a feature called Cricbuzz live where experts give their opinions about before the games played by India and IPL teams before and after the match.
In January 2015, Times Internet-owned GoCricket was merged into Cricbuzz. GoCricket's website was redirected to Cricbuzz and the GoCricket mobile app was also merged with that of Cricbuzz. Cricbuzz hired Harsha Bhogle as ‘Voice of Cricket’ in September 2016 and has produced over 150 videos with the esteemed commentator and cricket expert ever since.
The site was the seventh most searched for site in India in 2014. The mobile app has over 100 million downloads as of October 2019 and the website is used by more than 50 million users worldwide, generating 2.6 billion page views in Jan 2015.
- "estimated revenue by promising website". free website report]]. Archived from the original on 16 August 2016. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "Number of users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz". Google Play. Retrieved 11 May 2021.
- "Cricbuzz targets 82 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Times Internet acquires Cricbuzz". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "GoCricket mergers into Cricbuzz". medianama. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- www.ETBrandEquity.com. "Harsha Bhogle's partnership with Cricbuzz hits the 100 million milestone - ET BrandEquity". ETBrandEquity.com. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Google India's top 10 searches of 2014". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz targets 75 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz named title sponsor". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz is title sponsor for India-Sri Lanka Test Series". bestmediainfo. Retrieved 15 August 2015.