The Times Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||4 November 1838|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
(Chief Executive Officer)
|Revenue||₹9,976 crore (US$1.5 billion) (2016)|
|₹1,292 crore (US$200 million) (2016)|
Number of employees
The Times Group is India’s largest media conglomerate, according to Financial Times as of March 2015. The Audit Bureau of Circulations reported in May 2014 that the Times of India had the largest circulation of any English-language newspaper in the world, with 3,321,702 average qualifying sales. The company remains a family-owned business as the descendants of Sahu Jain own a majority stake in The Times Group. The Times Group has over 11,000 employees and revenue exceeding $1.5 billion.
- "The BCCL empire—towering over the competition". The Hoot.
- "Times Group may go for an IPO 'in the long run'". Business Standard. 6 October 2012.
- James Crabtree, Mumbai (23 March 2015). "Uber in tie-up with Times of India digital arm". Financial Times. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Details of most circulated publications for the audit period July - December 2013". Audit Bureau of Circulations. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Ken Auletta, "Citizens Jain - Why India's Newspaper Industry is Thriving", The New Yorker, 8 October 2012, pages 52–61.