Dalton Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||15.79 sq mi (40.9 km2)|
|• Land||15.75 sq mi (40.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||1,155 ft (352 m)|
|• Density||35.9/sq mi (13.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453252|
Dalton Township was organized in 1847.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 15.79 square miles (40.9 km2), of which 15.75 square miles (40.8 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.25%) is water. The streams of Corey Run, Flight Run, Franklin Run, Little Creek, Little Four Mile Creek, Mono Run, Propeller Run, Show Run, Single Run, West River and Wing Branch run through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Union Township, Randolph County (northeast)
- Perry Township (east)
- Jefferson Township (south)
- Liberty Township, Henry County (southwest)
- Blue River Township, Henry County (west)
- "Dalton Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 204.