|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medinipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Dantan|
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Dantan I CD Block are located at Dantan.
The Kolkata-Chennai South Eastern Railway passes through Dantan I CD Block and there is a station at Dantan.
The Kolkata-Chennai Golden Quadrilateral National Highway 16 or Kolkata-Bengaluru Asian Highway 45 passes through Dantan.Dantan is well connected with Nayagram via Manoharpur Bhasraghat Road.
Bhatter College at Dantan was established in 1963 and is affiliated to Vidyasagar University. It offers undergraduate courses in arts, commerce and science and also has facilities for some post-graduate courses. The college is named after Mathuranath Bhatter, a local businessman and social worker who had contributed handsomely to set up the college.
- "District Census Handbook: Paschim Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Paschim Medinipur with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Paschim Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "District at a Glance". Paschim Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "58002 Puri-Santragachi Passenger". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Rationalisation of Numbering Systems of National Highways" (PDF). New Delhi: Department of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Bhatter College, Dantan" (PDF). Bhatter College. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- "Bhatter College". College Admission. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|