|Kansas City Chiefs|
|Position:||Special teams coordinator|
|Date of birth:||June 1, 1962|
|Place of birth:||Ossining, New York|
|College:||Springfield College, UTEP|
|NFL Draft:||1985 / Round: 9 / Pick: 231|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
Toub was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the ninth round of the 1985 NFL Draft. He was released before the start of the regular season. Later, Toub attended the Los Angeles Rams training camp in two consecutive years, but was released before the start of the regular season.
Toub began his coaching career at the University of Texas-El Paso in 1986. His first year was as a graduate assistant; the next two years he was the strength and conditioning coach. Toub then spent nine years as the strength and conditioning coach at the University of Missouri; also coaching offensive line from 1989 to 1991 was Andy Reid. Afterwards, Toub coached the defensive line for three years.
Toub joined the Chicago Bears coaching staff on January 24, 2004, as the special teams coordinator. On February 27, 2007, Toub signed a three-year extension with the Bears, keeping him under contract through the 2009 season. The Bears' special teams unit was highly successful in 2006; kicker Robbie Gould, return specialist Devin Hester, and gunner Brendon Ayanbadejo were voted to the 2007 Pro Bowl. On April 5, 2007, Toub was voted special teams coach of the year by his peers. His special teams unit was ranked at the top of the league for the 2006 and 2007 seasons. For the last eight years, the Bears special teams have been in the top three, and was ranked third by rankings performed by the Dallas Morning News.
Following the 2012 season, Toub interviewed for the Bears' head coaching position vacated by the firing of Lovie Smith; however, the Bears hired Marc Trestman for the position. Though Trestman and the Bears offered to retain Toub for the upcoming season, on January 15, 2013, Toub announced that he would leave Chicago and accept a position with the Kansas City Chiefs and reunite with Andy Reid.
Toub lives with his wife Cheryl, along with their son Shane and daughter Nicolette.
- Chicago Bears
- Kent, Andy (2012-01-04). "Dolphins Interview Dave Toub For Head Coaching Position". Miamidolphins.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Dave Toub, AC, Chicago Bears". Kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Mayer, Larry. Bears earn special honor for second straight season (February 11, 2008), chicagobears.com. Retrieved on February 11, 2008.
- "Dave Toub signs two-year extension with Bears – Chicago Sun-Times". Suntimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Biggs, Brad (2013-01-15). "Special teams coach Toub leaving Bears". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-01-15.