|Born||c. 1976 (age 41–42)|
Miami, Florida, United States
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film producer|
|Notable works||Safety Not Guaranteed|
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Derek Connolly (born c. 1976 in Miami, Florida) is an American screenwriter and film producer, mostly known for his collaborations with director Colin Trevorrow on the films Safety Not Guaranteed, Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Connolly was also reported to be working on a remake of the film Flight of the Navigator as well as writing an upcoming Pixar film with Teddy Newton. Connolly was listed on Variety's Ten Screenwriters to Watch in 2012. Connolly rewrote Kong: Skull Island (2017), for Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. Connolly has been tapped to pen the script for a Metal Gear film. Connolly and Trevorrow co-wrote the screenplay for the sequel Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018), and by February 2018, had written a story treatment for Jurassic World 3, set for release on June 11, 2021.
|2012||Safety Not Guaranteed||Written by, producer||Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay|
Nominated – Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature
|2015||Jurassic World||screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Colin Trevorrow, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver based on a story by Jaffa and Silver and Characters by Michael Crichton|
Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Writing
|2016||Monster Trucks||Wrote screenplay based on a story by Matthew Robinson, Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger|
|2017||Kong: Skull Island||Co-wrote screenplay with Dan Gilroy and Max Borenstein; based on a story by John Gatins and King Kong by Merian C. Cooper and Edgar Wallace|
|2018||Pacific Rim Uprising||Early screenplay draft, uncredited||Co-wrote early (and ultimately uncredited) drafts with Guillermo del Toro, Jon Spaihts and Zak Penn; final screenplay by Steven S. DeKnight, Emily Carmichael, Kira Snyder and T.S. Nowlin; based on Characters by Travis Beacham and Guillermo del Toro|
|Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom||screenplay by||Co-wrote screenplay with Colin Trevorrow, based on Characters by Michael Crichton|
|2021||Jurassic World 3||story by||Co-wrote story with Colin Trevorrow; screenplay by Colin Treverrow and Emily Carmichael; based on Characters by Michael Crichton|
- Sneider, Jeff (November 29, 2012), "Connolly: College partnership leads to 'Guaranteed' success", Variety, retrieved 2012-12-21
- "New Pixar Movie Coming From 'Safety Not Guaranteed' Writer Derek Connolly and 'Day & Night' Director Teddy Newton". slashfilm.com. Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- "VARIETY'S 10 SCREENWRITERS TO WATCH". Retrieved 2013-03-10.
- Kit, Borys (August 18, 2015). "'Jurassic World' Writer Heads to 'Kong: Skull Island' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- Kroll, Justin; Lang, Brent (November 8, 2017). "Jurassic World Scribe To Write Metal Gear Solid Film (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- Kroll, Justin (February 21, 2018). "Jurassic World 3 to Hit Theaters in June 2021". Variety. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Kareem Tabsch (June 19, 2012), "Safety Not Guaranteed: Miami Screenwriter Derek Connolly Turned an Internet Meme Into an Indie Film Success Story", Miami New Times
- Kit, Borys (May 12, 2016). "Pacific Rim 2 Enlists Jurassic World Writer Derek Connolly (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|