May 29, 1984
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Economics|
|Alma mater||University of California, Davis|
|Occupation||CEO of LiveGlam Inc.|
|Home town||San Francisco, California|
|Net worth||$25 Million|
Dhar Mann (born May 29, 1984) is an American entrepreneur that has engaged in business activities spanning a wide range of industries. He is currently the Founder and CEO of LiveGlam Inc., and a motivational speaker dedicated to teaching people how to achieve greater success.
Mann’s first business venture was a real estate mortgage brokerage company, which he started at age 19 while attending the University of California, Davis. The early success of the venture led him to withdraw from college, though he later returned and graduated from UC Davis in 2007 with degrees in Economics and Political Science.
In 2007, he founded a real estate property management company and continued his real estate business ventures.
In 2008, he started a luxury transportation company and in 2009 expanded his fleet to include exotic vehicles.
In 2010, he founded weGrow, a first-of-its-kind specialty franchise selling hydroponic supplies specifically for growing medical marijuana. His company was credited with providing growing supplies and helping to establish some of the country’s first dispensaries and cultivation centers. Recognized as a pioneer in the industry, Mann was featured in national media including CNN, Time, National Geographic, Wall Street Journal, PBS and others. weGrow was acquired in 2014.
In 2015, Mann founded LiveGlam, a subscription makeup club that sends members a new selection of luxury cosmetics every month. Within two years, he had grown the company to over one million social media followers and 8-figures in revenue. Currently his net worth is $25 million.
In 2014, Mann pleaded no contest to five felony counts of defrauding the City of Oakland out of redevelopment funds. He was sentenced to 5 years probation and ordered to repay the city $44,399 in restitution. The fine was promptly paid and in 2017 Mann was granted early release from probation.
Dhar is an avid reader, a serial entrepreneur, an enthusiastic world traveler and a devoted success coach.
- CNN, By Michael Martinez,. "'Walmart of Weed' to open in Arizona, promote growing your own". Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- Choi, Christy. "Want to Grow Your Own Bud? Head to California's 'Wal-Mart of Weed'". Time. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- Weed Market, 2011-12-21, retrieved 2018-06-06
- "Transcript - The Pot Republic". FRONTLINE. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "BBB Accredited Business Profile for LiveGlam". www.bbb.org. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
- "'Ganjapreneur' Dhar Mann sentenced to 5 years probation for defrauding Oakland". East Bay Times. 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2018-06-07.