|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Murshidabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Domkal|
Domkal is located at
CD Block HQ
As per 2011 Census of India Domkal had a total population of 3,914, of which 2,008 (51%) were males and 1,906 (49%) females. Population below 6 years numbered 420. Scheduled Castes numbered 96 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 22.
The state highway no 11 passes through the Domkal town. Bus services are available for Kolkata, district headquarters Baharampur and others town of Murshidabad. The nearest railway station is Berhampore Court railway station.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Domkal was 2,460 (70.40% of the population above 6 years), out of which 1,321 were males and 1,139 were females.
Dumkal College was established in 1999 at Domkal. Affiliated with the University of Kalyani, it offers honours courses in Bengali, English, history, political science, philosophy, geography, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and BCom.
Domkal Subdivisional Hospital at Domkal functions with 68 beds.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Murshidabad". Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "District Census Handbook: Murshidabad, Series 20 Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Murshidabad with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fourth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "about Domkal". onefivenine.com. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "Dumkal College". DC. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Dumkal College". College Admission. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Domkal Girls' College". DGC. Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 19 September 2017.