|Directed by||Tony Giglio|
|Screenplay by||Tony Giglio|
by id Software
|Music by||Frederik Wiedmann|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures Home Entertainment|
Doom: Annihilation is an upcoming American direct-to-video action horror film written and directed by Tony Giglio. It is a reboot based on id Software's Doom franchise and is the second live-action film adaptation of the franchise. The project was announced in April 2018, with principal photography commencing soon afterwards and ending in June 2018, with additional photography following in early 2019. Doom: Annihilation is scheduled to be released on home media on October 1, 2019.
A group of space marines respond to a distress call from a base on a Martian moon, only to discover it’s been overrun by demonic creatures who threaten to create Hell on Earth.— Universal 1440 Entertainment
- Amy Manson as Joan Dark
- Dominic Mafham as Dr. Betruger
- Luke Allen-Gale as Bennett Stone
- Nina Bergman as Carley
- Louis Mandylor
- Hari Dhillon
- Lorina Kamburova
- Jemma Moore
- Arkie Reece
- Gavin Brocker
- Amer Chadha-Patel
- Katrina Nare
- Chidi Ajufo
- James Weber Brown
- Clayton Adams
In April 2018, Universal revealed plans for a direct-to-video reboot of Doom, to be produced by its Universal 1440 Entertainment subsidiary. Nina Bergman confirmed her participation in an instagram post. Autonomous FX were commissioned to work on the special effects, makeup, and demon designs.
In March 2019, Universal revealed images, a synopsis, a potential release date, and revealed the film's official title as Doom: Annihilation. That same month, the first trailer was released. The trailer received negative reactions from fans and id Software confirmed they were not involved with the film.
Doom: Annihilation is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray, DVD, and HD Digital on October 1, 2019.
- Barkan, Jonathan (March 8, 2019). "Exclusive: Check Out Universal Doom's Confirmed Title, Synopsis, and Three Official Images". Dread Central. Archived from the original on March 8, 2019. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Squires, John (June 5, 2018). "Photos from the Set of New 'Doom' Movie Show Blood, Big Guns and Badasses". Bloody Disgusting. Archived from the original on March 9, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Fogel, Stefanie (April 20, 2018). "Universal Is Making a New 'Doom' Movie". Archived from the original on March 8, 2019. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Barkan, Jonathan (January 25, 2019). "Universal Pushes Back New Doom Adaptation But Fear Not! This is a Good Thing!". Dread Central. Archived from the original on March 9, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Cotter, Padraig (June 5, 2018). "Doom Movie Reboot Set Photos: There Will Definitely Be Blood". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on March 8, 2019. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Patches, Matt (March 11, 2019). "The new Doom movie trailer attempts to do what The Rock could not". Polygon. Archived from the original on March 11, 2019. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Bankhurst, Adam (March 12, 2019). "Doom Studio Makes Very Clear It Has Nothing to Do With New Doom Movie". IGN. Archived from the original on March 12, 2019. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- Barkan, Jonathan (July 15, 2019). "Doom: Annihilation Now Available For Pre-Order". Dread Central. Archived from the original on July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.