Eastern Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.13 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|• Density||16.1/sq mi (6.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62812, 62860, 62890|
|GNIS feature ID||0428930|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2), of which 36.13 square miles (93.6 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.25%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Brady, Cook, Jones, Manion and Otterson.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Eastern Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Ewing Township||Northern Township||Knight Prairie Township, Hamilton County|
|Benton Township||Flannigan Township, Hamilton County|
|Frankfort Township||Cave Township||South Flannigan Township, Hamilton County|