This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Formation of Municipal Council||30 April 2015|
|Founded by||Government of Karnataka|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Examba is a City and Municipal Council in the Belgaum district of the Indian state of karnataka.
Examba Town is located around 85 km from Belagavi. There are two rivers situated near by Examba town they are namely Krishna and Dodhaganga.
The Town Panchayath Council (TPC) was established on 30.04.2015 before that it was known as Gram Panchayath Since from 1956.
- Population – 17,500
- Area – 38.76 km2
- Number of Properties – 3900
- Number of Wards – 17
- Length of Roads – 113.23 km
- Total Water Supply – 5 lakhs ltrs
- Per Capita Water Supply – 95 L.P.C.D.
- Summer Temperature – 35–40 *C
- Winter Temperature – 20–25 *C
In Examba village population of children with age 0–6 is 1,654 which makes up 10.86% of total population of village. Average Sex Ratio of Examba village is 949 which is lower than Karnataka state average of 973. Child Sex Ratio for the Examba as per census is 854, lower than Karnataka average of 948.
Examba village has higher literacy rate when compared with Karnataka. In 2011, literacy rate of Examba village was 80.40% compared with 75.36% of Karnataka. In Examba Male literacy stands at 89.39% while female literacy rate was 71.05%.
As per constitution of India and Panchyati Raaj Act, Examba village is administrated by Sarpanch (Head of Village) who is elected representative of village.
As Examba is located very close to the Maharashtra border, people in this village are bilingual and can speak both Kannada and Marathi. Most of the population are into farming and depend mainly on farming to make their living. Beereshwar Society, which is a multi state co-operative bank is headquartered here.
The village has several temples:
- Neminath Tirthankar Basadi(11th Century)
- Village God Shree Beereshwar Temple
- Shree Karlhondibeereshwar Temple
- Shree Mahadev Temple
- Shree Santubai Temple
- Shree Ykanathi Temple
- Shree Hanuman Temple
- Shree Mahalaxshmi Temple
- Shree Pandurang Temple
- Shree Renuka Yellamma Temple
- Hazarat Shahnandwali Dargah
- Hazarat Mansurwali Dargah
- Hazarat Davalshawali (Malangbaba) Dargah
- Sitaram Temple
- Village code= 6200 "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- "Yahoomaps India : Examba, Belgaum, Karnataka". Retrieved 18 December 2008.
|This article related to a location in Chikodi taluk, Belgaum district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|