This article does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Madabhavi village panchayat|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Madabhavi is a large village located in Athani taaluk of Belagavi district, Karnataka state of India. The village is famous for production leather chappals which have main market in Kolhapur. The village name came from Madya means central and Bhavi means open well. Open well is near panchayat of village.This village Has two Oldest Ancients Temples one Kalbhairava and another one is Madhukeshwar temple.
Madbhavi, previously known as Pattan Madbhavi, the princely state. ruled by the DESAI family.there was rebellion during the 16th-17th centuries. as a result one of the royal family branch was expelled from the kingdom the same expelled family branch then headed to west and acquired the royal title of PATIL.The present population of the same branch of then 4 brothers with one unmarried SISTER "PADMATI" Lives in 3 villages i.e. CHINCHWAD, VASAGADE & MADABHAVI. The village was ruled under Jath State (Jath was the former capital of Jath State, one of the non-salute Maratha princely states of British India, under the Bombay Presidency, and later the Deccan States Agency. It was a southern Maratha Jagir).
The surrounding nearby villages and its distance from Madhabhavi are Jambagi-6.5 km, Aralihatti-7.1 km, Muragundi-7.8 km, Kempawad-7.9 km, Sambaragi-9.3 km, Mole-10.3 km, Tangadi-11.1 km, Mangasuli-11.4 km, Parthanahalli-14.0 km, Khelegaon(Khilegavi)-15.0 km, Gundewadi-15.0 km, Hulagabali-16.2 km, Ainapur-16.7 km, Sankonatti-16.9 km, Ananthpur-17.9 km, Krishna Kittur-18.6 km, Halyal-18.7 km, Malabad-19.2 km, Darur-19.9 km, Balligeri-20.6 km, Ugar B K-21.4 km, Naganur P K-23.3 km, Kusnal-26.2 km, Kohalli-27.2 km, Kagawad-27.6 km, Adahalli-27.9 km, Shegunashi-28.3 km, Satti-29.3 km.
- In Madabhavi village population of children with age 0-6 is 1067 which makes up 13.14% of total population of village. Average Sex Ratio of Madabhavi village is 946 which is lower than Karnataka state average of 973. Child Sex Ratio for the Madabhavi as per census is 947, lower than Karnataka average of 948.Population with total 1619 families residing in village has population of 8119 of which 4172 are males while 3947 are females as per Population Census 2011.
Education and Language
- Madabhavi village has lower literacy rate compared to Karnataka. In 2011, literacy rate of Madabhavi village was 65.95% compared to 75.36% of Karnataka. In Madabhavi Male literacy stands at 73.43% while female literacy rate was 58.05%. Village have educational institutions like SGS College, madabhavi and Primary Govt School in Kannada and Marathi medium. Official language is Kannada most of people speak Kannada, due to border place near to Maharashtra Marathi also speak some people can speak English.
- Village peoples are mainly depend on agriculture along with this leather industry is also there.The village is famous for leather chappals scheduled caste families forming considerable chunk of the local population. This serves a special mention because of the valid contribution of few sub groups to the now famous leather products of Athani. The sub-groups are Dhors and Samagars who are mostly engaged in this leather trade and are traditional leather workers. Dhors are specialized in tanning of hides and skins, while Samagars have proved as intricate craftsmen to produce leather foot wears.Recognizing this, the Khadi and village industries commission established a footwear manufacturing centre under the name "Charmalaya". The success of this paved the way towards another milestone, where ‘Lidkar’ backed by the State Government, saw the light of the day, boosting the activity of footwear manufacturing further. The foot-wears are marketed throughout India by the respective outlets. The traders from other part of the country also procure leather goods from village, to market them in their areas. Through the State Trading Corporation, these leather goods are also exported to many countries where they have found a sizeable market.The category which has established itself by way of its design and quality is known as ‘Kolhapuri Chappals’ which has a great demand in local as well as the export markets.. These goods were exported to foreign countries like Scotland, Netherlands, England and others.
- On every Thursday (ಗುರುವಾರ) village level market is takes place in central place of village. Day today life goods are exchange in market. Agriculture products sell here.
Madabhavi village has lower literacy rate compared to Karnataka. In 2011, literacy rate of Madabhavi village was 65.95% compared to 75.36% of Karnataka. In Madabhavi Male literacy stands at 73.43% while female literacy rate was 58.05%. Village have educational institutions like SGS College, madabhavi and Primary Govt School in Kannada and Marathi medium.
- Shri Siddeswar Temple is big temple in the village. Every year on Vaishaka amavasya (ಅಕ್ಷತದಿಗಿ) its fair will takes place. Thousands of people gather.
- Other temples are Hanuman temple, Bhireswara temple and shanishwar temple others.
- oldest Ancients temples Madhukeshwar temple, Kalbhairava Temple
- Miraj Junction railway station is an important railway station near to village located at distance of 42 km.
- Shedbal railway station is located at a distance of 30 km.
- Athani is taaluka place located at a distance of 16 km. Village is located 132 km towards North from District headquarters Belgaum. 582 km from State capital Bangalore.
Near by cities are Athani; Miraj; Jaysingpur; Sangli; Vijayapura (Bijapur);Pandharpur; Solapur and Kolhapur.
- http://Belgaum.nic.in ,
- https://www.google.co.in/search?q=athani+taluk&client=opera&hs=xOD&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHianKjJDLAhURbY4KHd4rBrUQ_AUICCgC&biw=1242&bih=598#imgrc=lJKGtErQiknTvM%3A ,