|2014 Glasgow||Long jump|
|2014 Marrakech||Long jump|
|2016 Durban||Long jump|
Ese Brume (born 20 January 1996) is a Nigerian track and field athlete who specialises in the long jump. She holds a personal best of 6.83 m (22 ft 43⁄4 in)  and is the African junior record holder in the event.
Brume was the gold medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. She won three medals at the 2013 African Junior Athletics Championships and represented Nigeria at the World Junior Championships in Athletics in 2014.
Born in Ughelli, Delta State, Brume first emerged at national level at the 2012 with former junior athletes Dakolo Emmanuel Junos and Febian Edoki Nigerian Athletics Championships. She placed sixth in the long jump, clearing over six metres. She also was the winner at the National Sports Festival. The following year she set a personal best of 6.53 m (21 ft 5 in) to place second nationally, behind Blessing Okagbare. She was one of the most successful athletes at the 2013 African Junior Athletics Championships: she won the long jump title, took silver in the triple jump, and was part of Nigeria's winning 4×100 metres relay team. She also placed fourth individually in the 100 metres.
In May 2014 she ran a 100 m best of 11.84 seconds then followed this with a long jump best and new African junior record of 6.60 m (21 ft 73⁄4 in) to win at the Warri Relays. She improved to 6.68 m (21 ft 103⁄4 in) at the Nigerian Championships to win her first national title. She was chosen for the discipline at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics but, having flown to Eugene, Oregon just a day before competing, she performed poorly and was bottom of the qualifying. The Nigerian junior women relay team also did not fare well, being eliminated in qualifying.
Just five days later, she represented Nigeria at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Blessing Okagbare opted to compete in the sprints so Brume was Nigeria's sole entrant for the event. The 18-year-old excelled in the Commonwealth Games long jump, clearing 6.56 m (21 ft 61⁄4 in) in the final to win the gold medal. Brume dedicated her victory to Emmanuel Uduaghan, Delta State's governor who invested in track and field infrastructure and support in the region. Okagbare, who won a Commonwealth sprint double, was also a product of the system and Brume stated that she was inspired by the older athlete's achievements. As a result of her own medal feats, Brume was given an athletic scholarship to study in the United States, with local government support.
2016 Rio Olympics
Brume is African junior record holder in Long Jump and was the gold medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games but could only struggle to finish 5th completing at 6.81 meters in the Women's Long Jump Final at the Rio Olympic. 
- 100 metres – 11.84 sec (2014)
- Long jump – 6.83 m (22 ft 43⁄4 in) (2016)
- Triple jump – 12.52 m (41 ft 03⁄4 in) (2013)
International competition record
|2013||African Junior Championships||Bambous, Mauritius||1st||4 × 100 m relay||46.28|
|1st||Long jump||6.33 m (w)|
|2nd||Triple jump||12.52 m (w)|
|2014||World Junior Championships||Eugene, United States||11th (h)||4 × 100 m relay||45.93|
|33rd (q)||Long jump||5.18 m (wind: -0.3 m/s)|
|Commonwealth Games||Glasgow, United Kingdom||1st||Long jump||6.56 m|
|2015||African Junior Championships||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia||3rd||100 m||11.86|
|1st||4 × 100 m relay||44.83|
|1st||Long jump||6.33 m|
|1st||Triple jump||13.16 m|
|African Games||Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo||4th||Long jump||6.23 m|
|2016||Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||5th||Long jump||6.81 m|
|2017||World Championships||London, United Kingdom||17th (q)||Long jump||6.38 m|
|2018||African Championships||Asaba, Nigeria||1st||Long jump||6.83 m|
- Okagbare, Others begin quest for Athletics Medals. Akure2016. Retrieved on 2016-08-18.
- IAAF - Olympic Long Jump Final. Retrieved on 2016-08-18.
- Ese Brume. Glasgow2014. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Akpodonor, Gowon (2014-08-01). Brume… A Junior Athlete With A Big Heart. Nigerian Guardian. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Ese Brume. Tilastopaja. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Complete Results Women. MAA. Retrieved on 2013-09-14.
- Warri Relays CAA Grand Prix (Nigeria) 13/06/2014. Africathle. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Day 3 Results: 68th All Nigerian Athletics Championships Calabar 2014. Athletics Africa. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Viewing IAAF World Junior Championships > IAAF World Junior Championships 2014 > Long Jump - women. IAAF. Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- World juniors fall-out: How athletics officials planned to fail. Nigeria Vanguard (2014-08-02). Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- Delta To Secure US Scholarship For Ese Brume, Commonwealth Gold Medalist. Sky Tend News (2014-08-03). Retrieved on 2014-08-03.
- "Who is Your Nigeria's Best Athlete at the 2016 RIO Olympic? Check the List". get9jasports.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2016-09-01.